mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to turn off effects on Audio inputs"

Posted on: May 15, 2017 @ 02:24 AM
musomarkyboy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  05-06-2012

hi.
I have found this a great forum for sorting out issues and help with the Moxf and so hoping someone can assist with this issue.
I often use 2 keyboards in a live situation and sometimes instead of lugging and using an external mixer I plug my second keyboard into the A/D Input jacks on the back panel of my Moxf8 (setting the output level to line).This is a great use of this audio INPUT for a second keyboard or audio device like an iPod or iPad using backings tracks or learning a song and easy to control the volume via the level control on the moxf!
HOWEVER -On some performances I use (on my Moxf-main keyboard ) I have effects such as reverb,chorus etc set for various parts on the BUT this causes these effects to also be applied to the the A/D input and consequently the second keyboard.
Can somebody enlighten me on how to turn these effects OFF so that they are not applied to my second keyboard plugged into A/D input BUT stiller active for my main keyboard?
I am sure it’s simple but it has eluded me so far.
Hoping for some help!
Love the forum
regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 15, 2017 @ 07:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
musomarkyboy - 15 May 2017 02:24 AM

[...]On some performances I use (on my Moxf-main keyboard ) I have effects such as reverb,chorus etc set for various parts on the BUT this causes these effects to also be applied to the the A/D input and consequently the second keyboard.
Can somebody enlighten me on how to turn these effects OFF so that they are not applied to my second keyboard plugged into A/D input BUT stiller active for my main keyboard?
I am sure it’s simple but it has eluded me so far.[...]

Presuming you’re using the main line outputs, unfortunately it’s eluded you because it can’t be done.

You can elect whether to have INSERTION effects applied to an individual Part, including the A/D Input. However, SYSTEM effects (reverb/chorus) are an all or nothing choice - they apply to all Parts (with only one exception, which I’ll shortly get to).

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects
and pages 19-20 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478).

Also see Setup for Audio processing in
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_series_setting_up_the_a_d_input
That’s the only way the A/D Input can be treated separately from other Parts, but it’s not particularly practical for live play.

(Motif models such as the XS and XF have additional assignable L and R outputs, and the A/D Input signal can be routed to them, bypassing SYSTEM and MASTER effects.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2017 @ 04:33 AM
musomarkyboy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  05-06-2012

Thanks 5pin Din for your reply and explanation
Regards
mark

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Driving MOXF and A 2nd MIDI Keyboard From Cubase
Next Topic: