mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Different File Type Question"

Posted on: May 07, 2017 @ 04:12 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

What is the difference between a n2.X3A and a n3.X3A file ? For example as you see in the attached photo, I have a a file named Puente Negro that was originally created on the Motif XS, with termination XOA, but then when I brought it to the XF it created two different file,n2 and n3 X3A which I don’t recall creating two files on the XF.

Should I work with n2 or n3 ?

Image Attachments
Motif Screen.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2017 @ 04:53 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

From This Article:

“...If “FL1 without sample” or “FL2 without sample” is selected, the Waveform data is saved without the Samples. This option allows you to store the contents of the SDRAM independently from the contents of the Flash Memory.

Files that are saved with the option “without sample” are automatically given a reference to identify their save-option:

• .n1 = FL1 without sample
• .n2 = FL2 without sample
• .n3 = FL1 + FL2 without sample
....”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2017 @ 05:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 07 May 2017 04:12 PM

What is the difference between a n2.X3A and a n3.X3A file ? For example as you see in the attached photo, I have a a file named Puente Negro that was originally created on the Motif XS, with termination XOA, but then when I brought it to the XF it created two different file,n2 and n3 X3A which I don’t recall creating two files on the XF.

You apparently loaded the 36 MB PuenteNegro.X0A file, then saved it twice, once without sample for FL2 and once without sample for FL1 or FL2, each 1.7 MB in size (which confirms that there are no samples).

Did you save the samples separately?

Since a Motif XS has only SDRAM memory for samples (no flash modules), by default they load to USR memory in the XF. Of course, you could redirect them to FL1 or FL2 if you want the samples from the original file to be available there.

Venatt -

Possibly neither, depending on the status of the samples the original file contained.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2017 @ 08:45 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 07 May 2017 05:10 PM
Venatt - 07 May 2017 04:12 PM

You apparently loaded the 36 MB PuenteNegro.X0A file, then saved it twice, once without sample for FL2 and once without sample for FL1 or FL2, each 1.7 MB in size (which confirms that there are no samples).

Did you save the samples separately?

Since a Motif XS has only SDRAM memory for samples (no flash modules), by default they load to USR memory in the XF. Of course, you could redirect them to FL1 or FL2 if you want the samples from the original file to be available there.

Venatt -

Possibly neither, depending on the status of the samples the original file contained.

Yes I did, and I guess it was when I was having all that confusion(still do hahaha) with the samples.

What Happened is that I deleted all the waveforms from the FL1 (don’t have a FL2) because when loading FL1 in the Puente Negro project the waveforms went from been three all the way to more than seven hundred. The funny thing is that with another project called Soda Stereo (also shown on screen), I don’t have waveforms but it does load a Steinway Piano that I bought, but because I deleted the waveforms on the Puente Negro Project or more likely the FL1, that same piano is gone from that project. It’s a weird machine, or maybe it’s a weird user. It exists in one All File but does not exist in the other.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Real Clavinet D6 Voices and Samples
Next Topic:

Copy a song from a project to another ? ››