mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sysex of Program Changes for selecting Part on a Song"

Posted on: May 01, 2017 @ 03:57 PM
luca_and_friends
Total Posts:  11
Joined  12-18-2014

Hello,
I’ll play live using the MOX6, one SONG for each song which I’ll play. Of course in each song I have different sounds that I’ll use and change in the different part of the tune I’m playing.

The problem here is that I want to change the Parts, containing the sounds, without leaving my hands from the keyboard.
Using the pedal damper will change the Song and not the Part, so this won’t solve the problem.
I’ve seen with MIDI-OX in order to see what program changes MOX will send out, in order to program a sequencer to change the parts in the SONG automatically. The problem is that the MOX doesn’t send out nothing.

So, how can I solve the problem? I want to changes the part using the pedal in a order that I want, so: are there any program changes or sysex that I cannot see which whom I can work?

Thanks in advance,
Luca!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014

I’ve seen in Data List, page 104, that the program change is 63 -60 - 1/15..is it this? Anyone has tried that?

THanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2017 @ 08:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
luca_and_friends - 01 May 2017 05:57 PM

I’ve seen in Data List, page 104, that the program change is 63 -60 - 1/15..is it this? Anyone has tried that?

THanks

Each Song (or Pattern) Mixing can have up to 16 associated Mixing Voices.

The Bank Select and Program Change message you asked about will change the Mixing Voice for the Part that has its MIDI Receive Channel matching the channel the message is sent on.

By the way, for Program Change the range is 0-15 (not 1-15), which corresponds to Mixing Voices 1-16.

For example, if you send…
MSB/LSB/PC = 63/60/3
...then the Voice will be set to Mixing Voice 4, for the Part with the matching MIDI channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2017 @ 08:20 AM
Vetalexy
Total Posts:  32
Joined  07-20-2015

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475646/

Sysex-command to switch the pattern sections:

F0 43 7E 00 ss 7F F7
ss = Pattern Section A~P, 00~0F

It WORKS on the Yamaha MOXF6 in the Pattern mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2017 @ 07:58 AM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014
5pinDIN - 01 May 2017 08:16 PM
luca_and_friends - 01 May 2017 05:57 PM

THanks

Each Song (or Pattern) Mixing can have up to 16 associated Mixing Voices.

The Bank Select and Program Change message you asked about will change the Mixing Voice for the Part that has its MIDI Receive Channel matching the channel the message is sent on.

By the way, for Program Change the range is 0-15 (not 1-15), which corresponds to Mixing Voices 1-16.

For example, if you send…
MSB/LSB/PC = 63/60/3
...then the Voice will be set to Mixing Voice 4, for the Part with the matching MIDI channel.

Thanks for your help!
In order to send to MSB 63 and LSB 60, how about the bank select? I mean, may I have to send some control change?

Sorry for these question, but I’m a little noobie with MIDI and this type of things.

Thanks in advance
Luca!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2017 @ 08:47 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
luca_and_friends - 04 May 2017 07:58 AM

Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome.

luca_and_friends -

In order to send to MSB 63 and LSB 60, how about the bank select? I mean, may I have to send some control change?

Yes, Bank Select requires Control Change messages. The MSB is sent with CC#00, the LSB with CC#32. Program Change will also have to be sent. For this to work, Voices in the Song should all be stored as Mixing Voices.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/bank_select_and_program_change

If you are using a Song Mixing for live play, Pattern mode can also work for that. If you can use Pattern mode and send SysEx messages, see Vetalexy‘s post and the linked thread.

You haven’t mentioned how you would send messages to the MOX. You might want to look at devices from MIDI Solutions, such as
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm
If you have questions about using their products, I suggest that you contact them directly. The products can be useful, but note that I have no relationship with the company.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2017 @ 03:22 PM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014
5pinDIN - 04 May 2017 08:47 AM

You haven’t mentioned how you would send messages to the MOX. You might want to look at devices from MIDI Solutions, such as
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm
If you have questions about using their products, I suggest that you contact them directly. The products can be useful, but note that I have no relationship with the company.

Thanks again for your reply!
I’m sending out the whole thing with a Patch that I’ve created in Max 7!

Now there’s a little problem:
I saved my voices in different parts of the mixing voice, and for now it’s all fine!
Now, I’m playing the part 1 and I want to switch to part 4, so MSB: 63 - LSB - 60 and PGmchange 3, but the result that I have is that It doesn’t change the sound that I’ve created in part 4, but it’s cherry picking the sound from the “voice table- order list” (I don’t know how to express better myself eheh)!

How can I do for that? Basically I’m trying to mimic a button pressed in the 1-16 parts of the mox!

Thanks in advance,
Luca

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2017 @ 04:59 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
luca_and_friends - 05 May 2017 03:22 PM

[...] I’m sending out the whole thing with a Patch that I’ve created in Max 7!

Now there’s a little problem:
I saved my voices in different parts of the mixing voice, and for now it’s all fine!
Now, I’m playing the part 1 and I want to switch to part 4, so MSB: 63 - LSB - 60 and PGmchange 3, but the result that I have is that It doesn’t change the sound that I’ve created in part 4, but it’s cherry picking the sound from the “voice table- order list” (I don’t know how to express better myself eheh)!
How can I do for that?

I don’t know much about Max 7, so I can’t help with that.

I do know that if you have each Part’s Voice STORED as a Mixing Voice, 63/60/PC will select the proper Mixing Voice.

A Voice selection stored in a Mixing isn’t necessarily a Mixing Voice. So, let’s make sure that you’re creating Mixing Voices correctly. See Mixing Voice Edit on page 122 of the MOX Reference Manual. Did you select each Voice, press [F5]VCE ED, then press [STORE]?

Once you’re sure that the Voices have been STORED as Mixing Voices, things should work correctly. If you can’t get Max 7 to work then, you can try using MIDI-OX to send the controller messages as a test.
http://www.midiox.com/

While I don’t have a MOX, using MIDI-OX I have verified that 63/60/PC properly selects Mixing Voices on both my XF and XS.

You should also be aware that this method only selects the Mixing Voice for a Part - all the other Parameters of the Part will remain as they were. Therefore, it is not the same as selecting the Part from the MOX front panel.

Again, if you can send SysEx and use Pattern mode, what Vetalexy posted is a good method.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 03:49 AM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014
5pinDIN - 05 May 2017 04:59 PM

You should also be aware that this method only selects the Mixing Voice for a Part - all the other Parameters of the Part will remain as they were. Therefore, it is not the same as selecting the Part from the MOX front panel.

Again, if you can send SysEx and use Pattern mode, what Vetalexy posted is a good method.

Thanks again! Now it works! The thing is that is not like the same as selecting the part from the mox front panel!
I’m reading Vetalexy post, who talks about changing the part with sysex in song mode (and then he talks about the pattern mode!)

What sysex I have to send to the mox for doing this?
Is the same with the MOXF sysex?

Thanks again for your help and patience
Luca!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 08:42 AM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014

I’ve tried also with Vetalexy solution:

“I was able to empirically to find a combination to change channels in song mode (mixing mode). A double line of command:

F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0D 00 00 chan
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 64 03 00 chan “

But it doesn’t work.. as I’m workin with MOX6, the Yamaha Product ID should be “7F 14”, but it doesn’t work the same..

I’m trying to send sysex with MIDI-OX, although it works with changing the Pattern in PATTERN MODE with the Vetalexy solution :

“Sysex-command to switch the pattern sections:

F0 43 7E 00 ss 7F F7
ss = Pattern Section A~P, 00~0F “

....but, I want to change PARTs in SONG MODE as if I’m pressing the button in the front panel!

Thanks,
Luca!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 09:39 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You have to be careful when converting SysEx from one model to another.
Two ID bytes “1C 00” for the MOXF
One ID byte “14” for the MOX.

Try this in Song (or Pattern) mode…
F0 43 10 7F 14 64 03 00 pp F7
where pp = Part, 00-0F hex (Part 1-16)
...with MOX in MIXING mode (press [MIXING] button)

For my XF and XS, that works with the proper model ID’s for those models.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2017 @ 04:36 PM
luca_and_friends
Joined  12-18-2014
5pinDIN - 06 May 2017 09:39 AM

You have to be careful when converting SysEx from one model to another.
Two ID bytes “1C 00” for the MOXF
One ID byte “14” for the MOX.

Try this in Song (or Pattern) mode…
F0 43 10 7F 14 64 03 00 pp F7
where pp = Part, 00-0F hex (Part 1-16)
...with MOX in MIXING mode (press [MIXING] button)

For my XF and XS, that works with the proper model ID’s for those models.

That’s work nicely! Fantastic! Thanks for your help!

Luca!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Routing Outputs as a VSTi
Next Topic:

Vocoder + Mic DRY signal ››