mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using patterns, various question"

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 10:26 AM
rudolph
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-06-2014

Hello everybody, I have different questions about using patterns in my XF7.

1) Can I create a “final” section? I mean a section that after its first execution automatically stops the playback. Of course I would use it as my “ending” section in a live performance.

2) When I change section in playmode, the sections change also before the current one ends. How can I force the playback to wait the end of the current section before switching to the next?

3) Can I control the section switch by a pedal in any way?

4) How can I independently control by the sliders the volume of two different tracks addressed to the same midi channel (that is to say two overlapped voices that I woul play together)? I know i can disable the volume slider for a track but after that I can control just the other one.

Sorry for my verbose post and thanks in advance for your time,
All the best
Rudolph

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 12:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rudolph - 20 April 2017 10:26 AM

Hello everybody, I have different questions about using patterns in my XF7.

1) Can I create a “final” section? I mean a section that after its first execution automatically stops the playback. Of course I would use it as my “ending” section in a live performance.

You can automate playback of Sections by using Pattern Chain. See Pattern Chain Playback on page 167 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531). After the last Section in the Chain is completed, the Chain will stop playing.

If you’re manually controlling playback of Sections, the “ending” section can only be stopped by pressing the sequencer [ ■ ](STOP) button. Since it can be difficult to easily time that, you could lengthen the time before the Section loops by adding a silent measure to the end of that Section.

rudolph -

2) When I change section in playmode, the sections change also before the current one ends. How can I force the playback to wait the end of the current section before switching to the next?

I’m not aware of any way to accomplish that.

rudolph -

3) Can I control the section switch by a pedal in any way?

No, not even via a MIDI pedal.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469897/

rudolph -

4) How can I independently control by the sliders the volume of two different tracks addressed to the same midi channel (that is to say two overlapped voices that I woul play together)? I know i can disable the volume slider for a track but after that I can control just the other one.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469255/

rudolph -

Sorry for my verbose post and thanks in advance for your time,
All the best
Rudolph

No problem, I can be just as (or more) verbose at times.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2017 @ 12:11 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Great questions. Didn’t know I had those yet.

That inspires one irrealistic question, which is answered by a most unsatisfying workaround.
1. It would be nice if Pattern Sections could be triggered by a DAW’s MIDI Sequencer note-on message.

2. A less-than desirable alternative could be to open up the Song in Cubase, and set it up there. ... As I’m not familiar with that process, it seems very tedious for less satisfying results.

How’s that for verbose?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2017 @ 06:33 AM
rudolph
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-06-2014

Thank you very much 5pinDIN and sorry for my late answer.
I’ve finally found time to try your advices for points 1 and 4.
They work great, very useful.

Concerning point4, now my problem is how to have a zone playing in background and being controlled by volume slider but not playing when I hit the keys on the keyboard (a drums part for instance).
I cannot uncheck its Int Switch otherwise I could not control volume by slider.

At the moment my best solution is making the zone keyboard area collapse to empty, setting the Note Limit parameters for that zone.

It’s not really a big problem but I feel that there’s a smarter way to get it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Xf newbie
Next Topic:

Control slider in master mode ››