Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.
Total Posts: 5
Hello everybody, I have different questions about using patterns in my XF7.
1) Can I create a “final” section? I mean a section that after its first execution automatically stops the playback. Of course I would use it as my “ending” section in a live performance.
2) When I change section in playmode, the sections change also before the current one ends. How can I force the playback to wait the end of the current section before switching to the next?
3) Can I control the section switch by a pedal in any way?
4) How can I independently control by the sliders the volume of two different tracks addressed to the same midi channel (that is to say two overlapped voices that I woul play together)? I know i can disable the volume slider for a track but after that I can control just the other one.
Sorry for my verbose post and thanks in advance for your time,
Total Posts: 9050
You can automate playback of Sections by using Pattern Chain. See Pattern Chain Playback on page 167 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531). After the last Section in the Chain is completed, the Chain will stop playing.
If you’re manually controlling playback of Sections, the “ending” section can only be stopped by pressing the sequencer [ ■ ](STOP) button. Since it can be difficult to easily time that, you could lengthen the time before the Section loops by adding a silent measure to the end of that Section.
I’m not aware of any way to accomplish that.
No, not even via a MIDI pedal.
No problem, I can be just as (or more) verbose at times. :-)
Total Posts: 362
Great questions. Didn’t know I had those yet.
That inspires one irrealistic question, which is answered by a most unsatisfying workaround.
2. A less-than desirable alternative could be to open up the Song in Cubase, and set it up there. ... As I’m not familiar with that process, it seems very tedious for less satisfying results.
How’s that for verbose?