mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voices"

Posted on: April 12, 2017 @ 12:44 AM
yves grau
Total Posts:  6
Joined  04-12-2017

Hello,
I would install on a MOXF8 the B’Knees and Vintage keys.
When I install the B’knees the Vintage keys is crushed and vice versa. Does anyone have a procedure to download both?
thanks for the help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2017 @ 12:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

You could load B’s Knees library as Load Type “All”. That will ensure that its Voices and eight Performances will all be loaded.

You could then use Load Type “1BankVoice” to load Vintage Keys. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473359/. However, the Pink Floyd 1 has a User Arp, and that might not load using this method. What files does the MOXF version of Vintage keys come with - is there a separate Arp (.X6G) file?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2017 @ 02:32 PM
yves grau
Joined  04-12-2017

thank you for your reply.
With the vintage keys there is a separate Arp (.X4G) file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2017 @ 03:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
yves grau - 12 April 2017 02:32 PM

thank you for your reply.

You’re welcome.

yves grau -

With the vintage keys there is a separate Arp (.X4G) file.

OK. The .X4G file is an MOX Arp file, compatible with the MOXF. If you use the approach I posted, loading the Vintage Keys Voices to a Bank other than where B’s Knees Voices are, and then load the .X4G Arp file, everything should get loaded correctly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2017 @ 06:27 AM
yves grau
Joined  04-12-2017

Hello,
I did the procedure but that does not succeed.
I put 1bankvoice - user1 and exce but I do not find voices.
He must have a step that I do wrong
thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2017 @ 08:10 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

For Load Type 1BankVoice…

1) Select (highlight) the file you want to load.
2) Press [ENTER]
3) Select the bank you want to load from the file, on the right side of the display.
4) Select the MOXF bank you want to load to, on the left side of the display.
5) Press [SF1]EXEC

Step 3 is the one you might have missed. I believe the Vintage Keys Voices are in Bank 3, but you should verify that.

In step 4, be sure not to load Vintage Keys Voices to the bank where B’s Knees is located. User 1 should be OK.

Finally, load the Vintage Keys .X4A Arp file.

If the above doesn’t help, please post precisely all steps you are using so that we can see what you’re doing wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 03:18 AM
yves grau
Joined  04-12-2017
5pinDIN - 16 April 2017 08:10 AM

For Load Type 1BankVoice…

1) Select (highlight) the file you want to load.
2) Press [ENTER]
3) Select the bank you want to load from the file, on the right side of the display.
4) Select the MOXF bank you want to load to, on the left side of the display.
5) Press [SF1]EXEC

Step 3 is the one you might have missed. I believe the Vintage Keys Voices are in Bank 3, but you should verify that.

In step 4, be sure not to load Vintage Keys Voices to the bank where B’s Knees is located. User 1 should be OK.

Finally, load the Vintage Keys .X4A Arp file.

If the above doesn’t help, please post precisely all steps you are using so that we can see what you’re doing wrong.

Hello,
thank you for the answer.
I do a test and keep you informed

Hello,
I photographed the evolution of the download.
I can not find the voice bank anywhere.
The download does not accept the .X4 argp file.
Thank you for your help.

File Attachments
Doc1.docx  (File Size: 940KB - Downloads: 199)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 09:25 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
yves grau - 18 April 2017 03:18 AM

[...] I photographed the evolution of the download.
Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome, but…

The Vintage Keys documentation should tell you which bank the Voices are located in. If not, load the “All” file and find the Voices yourself. Then reload the B’s Knees “All” file, and use 1BankVoice to load Vintage Keys from/to the correct banks.

I don’t know what “does not accept the .X4 argp file” means. The MOXF can load a .X4G AllArp file. See pages 156-157 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

I have no way to open a docx file. Please just ZIP your photos if you’d like me to view them.

If language is an issue, the manuals can be downloaded in French.
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16277&product_id=1816956

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 11:31 AM
yves grau
Joined  04-12-2017
5pinDIN - 18 April 2017 09:25 AM
yves grau - 18 April 2017 03:18 AM

[...] I photographed the evolution of the download.
Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome, but…

The Vintage Keys documentation should tell you which bank the Voices are located in. If not, load the “All” file and find the Voices yourself. Then reload the B’s Knees “All” file, and use 1BankVoice to load Vintage Keys from/to the correct banks.

I don’t know what “does not accept the .X4 argp file” means. The MOXF can load a .X4G AllArp file. See pages 156-157 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

I have no way to open a docx file. Please just ZIP your photos if you’d like me to view them.

If language is an issue, the manuals can be downloaded in French.
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16277&product_id=1816956

I download without problem B’Knees or Vintage Keys which go without problem in user3.
When I download the second bank voices I parameter user1 or user2 but this does not succeed.
In the top right of the screen I have user1 or user2. The bank voices go only on user3.
I am desperate.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 01:22 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
yves grau - 18 April 2017 11:31 AM

I download without problem B’Knees or Vintage Keys which go without problem in user3.
When I download the second bank voices I parameter user1 or user2 but this does not succeed.
In the top right of the screen I have user1 or user2. The bank voices go only on user3.
I am desperate.

It seems that when loading the second library with 1BankVoice, you are reversing the position of the two banks.

The bank at the right of the screen is the one you want to load from the file - that should be User 3 (the source).

The bank at the left of the screen is the bank you want to load to the MOXF - that should be User 1 or User 2 (the destination).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 01:46 PM
yves grau
Joined  04-12-2017
5pinDIN - 18 April 2017 01:22 PM
yves grau - 18 April 2017 11:31 AM

I am desperate.

It seems that when loading the second library with 1BankVoice, you are reversing the position of the two banks.

The bank at the right of the screen is the one you want to load from the file - that should be User 3 (the source).

The bank at the left of the screen is the bank you want to load to the MOXF - that should be User 1 or User 2 (the destination).

The procedure was successful.
It is necessary to choose Usr3 to the right of the screen and choose Usr1 or Usr2 to the left.
Thank you for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 02:15 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
yves grau - 19 April 2017 01:46 PM

The procedure was successful.

Très bien.!

yves grau -

It is necessary to choose Usr3 to the right of the screen and choose Usr1 or Usr2 to the left.

Indeed.

yves grau -

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF USB driver and John Melas Editors.
Next Topic:

Master EQ on knobs ››