mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-PF"

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 06:49 PM
soruyo
Total Posts:  17
Joined  11-20-2010

Does anyone knows if this module (PLG150-PF) is worthed...I mean...can you find some real piano sounds there? the one that comes on motif es8 is not that good.

Any demos?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 07:05 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016
soruyo - 21 March 2017 06:49 PM

Does anyone knows if this module (PLG150-PF) is worthed...I mean...can you find some real piano sounds there? the one that comes on motif es8 is not that good.

Any demos?

Thanks!

I have never tried one. There are a few demos on youtube, but unfortunately they are only using midi files. This is the best one that there is. Yamaha PLG-150-PF All Piano Voices

I question whether or not it was recorded in mono or stereo, though.

I have contemplated getting one and an ES7 so I could add two more boards, but there are few demos, as I said.

-Max

P.S. You might want to correct the thread title. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 08:38 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi soruyo,

What are you looking for in a piano? or what’s not so good about the pianos you have?

The stock pianos in Motifs are always a bone of contention where tastes vary considerably.

Stay with me on this. There’s a belief that reverb affords space to whatever sounds you use it on in a mix, when in actual fact, it does quite the opposite, and eats up your space by constricting and often adding unpleasant tones to your music because it hangs on over the notes that follow. (not to be confused with hearing an orchestra in a nice acoustic or similar).

If you apply that kind of idea to Motif stock pianos versus the wide range of deeply multi sampled pianos on the market, often, keyboard players will get a bee on their bonnet about needing the most realistic and most natural piano sound going, until they try and fit such a sound in a mix or with other instruments and realise that it rubs against them and feels incongruent as a result of just how big it sounds.

The Motif pianos that we all know and love, when not an attempt to give us a reasonable ‘bang for the buck’ piano, are mostly designed to cut through a mix in a studio or live situation, and they do it nicely.

If you are considering playing solo piano or piano in a small ensemble, then it might be worth considering looking into what’s on offer in terms of third party samples or products like Kontakt and Pianoteq.

Another thing to consider, is that ‘Piano Sound X’ can sound quite different and better (or worse) in the hands of another person.  So if you are attempting to imitate something (or someone) you’ll find that you can only get so far.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 08:47 PM
soruyo
Joined  11-20-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 21 March 2017 07:05 PM
soruyo - 21 March 2017 06:49 PM

Any demos?

Thanks!

I have never tried one. There are a few demos on youtube, but unfortunately they are only using midi files. This is the best one that there is. Yamaha PLG-150-PF All Piano Voices

I question whether or not it was recorded in mono or stereo, though.

I have contemplated getting one and an ES7 so I could add two more boards, but there are few demos, as I said.

-Max

P.S. You might want to correct the thread title. :-)

Thank you very much!!!....I´m trying to figure out how to correct the thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 08:50 PM
soruyo
Joined  11-20-2010

Thank you very much guys.

The thing I don´t like about the pianos on motif (factory presets) is that they sound too thin!! and they have much low frecuencies and not enough mid range frecuencies.

Anyway....tastes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 08:58 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
soruyo - 21 March 2017 08:50 PM

they sound too thin!! and they have much low frecuencies and not enough mid range frecuencies..

Have you tried using EQ? 

Scoop out some lows and add some mids?

A common complaint about Motif pianos is too much mid, but I wonder if that’s more to do with people’s monitoring.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 09:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
soruyo - 21 March 2017 08:47 PM

I´m trying to figure out how to correct the thread.

Click on [Edit] under your first post in the thread. Then make the correction to the subject line, and submit.

[ Ignore ]