mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Naming an imported MIDI file"

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 09:03 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, brand new to the Motif XF, long time user of the Moti ES. On my ES, the midi file takes it’s name from the name of the first track in the MIDI file, I’ve noticed on the XF that after loading a MIDI file the name is blank, is there some way to get this to name the file on import?, thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 09:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 18 March 2017 09:03 PM

[...] I’ve noticed on the XF that after loading a MIDI file the name is blank, is there some way to get this to name the file on import?, thanks

Only under limited circumstances. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/462941

However, it’s easy enough to name the Song or Pattern afterward, especially if you have a USB ASCII keyboard plugged into the TO DEVICE port of the XF.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473487/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 09:52 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Thank you, I’ll look at the “Meta event” mentioned in your indicated post. Yes it is easy to rename one song, but not so when you have 10 or 20, and prone to error, seems like a step backward from the ES :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 11:53 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Spend a few bucks (literally) for a USB keyboard and it really makes it a snap when you have a boatload to name.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif xf7 FW audio/MIDI issue
Next Topic:

Sending program changes from Master "Zone" ››