mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help!!! Cubase AI 5 reactivation"

Posted on: March 08, 2017 @ 02:52 PM
tHe ThE
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-19-2011

Hi,

I’ve been using Cubase AI 5 which came along with my MOtif XF for the past 5 years now well integrated with my Motif. I had installed it on my desktop PC.
I recently bought a laptop and installed Cubase Ai 5 on it. While trying to register the software through the e-licenser, I am facing a problem. The e-licenser does not detect my Motif XF as an e-licenser.
Just to confirm, my laptop runs WIndows 8.1 64 bit & i have installed the latest version of Yamaha USB-MIDI driver as well as the latest version of the e-licenser which I downloaded from the Steinberg website.

I’m stuck, can someone please help me register successfully so that I can get started with making music!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2017 @ 09:46 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The e-licenser does not detect my Motif XF as an e-licenser.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean!

Does the e-licenser show your Cubase license or not?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2017 @ 02:17 PM
tHe ThE
Joined  09-19-2011

Am I getting something wrong here?
It does not show any license in the left panel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2017 @ 11:46 AM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014

I sort of had this problem in re-registering my AI license with my new computer, as I went from Windows to Mac.
An email to Steinberger would be my advice, as that’s what I did, and they were prompt and helpful with a reply and soloution…

Best of luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2017 @ 06:31 AM
tHe ThE
Joined  09-19-2011

Thanks Stashman for the suggestion. I looked up the My Steinberg section but it re-directs to country distributors and does not have a central forum to answer queries. I have however written to my country distributor. Now let’s hope to hear from him.
There’s one thing however that came to my surprise. Steinberg has apparently stopped email and phone support pertaining to certain products and i guess AI 5 is one of them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2017 @ 07:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tHe ThE - 11 March 2017 06:31 AM

[...] There’s one thing however that came to my surprise. Steinberg has apparently stopped email and phone support pertaining to certain products and i guess AI 5 is one of them.

You could try posting and/or reading FAQs at Steinberg forums:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=202

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2017 @ 03:39 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I’m not sure that AI 5 is supported in Win8. You could not expected to see your Motif XF in e-Licenser. It is intended only for Steinberg software. If you are using AI, I suppose that you don’t have USB licenser, but software only. You should have at first to register yourself at MySteinberg.com (it’s free). There you could register your Cubase version. Than, when you start e-Licenser on your computer it will start connection with your MySteinberg account and update all licenses including demos.
I had in the past registered AI 4, than AI 6. I remember that you should even download freely AI 6 and register selections option “other hardware”. Since version AI 7, you could only use serial number printed on registration card received with Yamaha or Steinberg hardware. I have used both AI 6 and AI 7 for updating to Elements and full Cubase, so I really don’t know whether you have possibility to register very old version of AI. As 5pin suggested, ask Steinberg support on their forum.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ import ES waveform to XF ??
Next Topic:

Wifi adapter won’t activate ››