mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "John Melas Editor Librarian"

Posted on: March 08, 2017 @ 01:00 PM
jimsy
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-27-2005

I have a question for John Melas software for the MOXF.

The MOXF is limited to 1 Gig flash although it appears a 2 Gig from Mutec works but there are still limitations.

What I would like to do is assemble sounds and voices from different libraries, lets say pianos from one (Epic Grand for example), FM pianos from another (from FM expanded for example), and acoustic guitars ( eg from DCP Bonner Acoustic Strum).

Even if I get the 2 Gig flash and loaded everything from those libraries I would run into the voice limitation if not the sample volume/number limitation.

So can I use John Melas software to cherry pick what I want from each of those 3 libraries.

Additionally, can I use the software to audition my selections so I just assemble the ones I want?

THnxs for replies. I just got my MOXF6 and planning now how best to proceed to load sound in flash, but still have to buy that too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2017 @ 01:22 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

jimsy - 08 March 2017 01:00 PM

I have a question for John Melas software for the MOXF.

The MOXF is limited to 1 Gig flash although it appears a 2 Gig from Mutec works but there are still limitations.

What I would like to do is assemble sounds and voices from different libraries, lets say pianos from one (Epic Grand for example), FM pianos from another (from FM expanded for example), and acoustic guitars ( eg from DCP Bonner Acoustic Strum).

Even if I get the 2 Gig flash and loaded everything from those libraries I would run into the voice limitation if not the sample volume/number limitation.

So can I use John Melas software to cherry pick what I want from each of those 3 libraries.

Additionally, can I use the software to audition my selections so I just assemble the ones I want?

THnxs for replies. I just got my MOXF6 and planning now how best to proceed to load sound in flash, but still have to buy that too.

John Melas software is intended exactly for that. You could choose voices from different libraries and send them to instrument as yours library. If you not run out of samples limit, than you could save all needed samples that could reside in flash memory. Than, whenever you need different voices combinations you could load them from JM Librarian. You could also audition voices before store to library, since voice is at first sent to instrument memory buffer. Librarian is most easy way to reorder voices exchange between different libraries and keep safe on computer. From there you could either send one voice or several of them or even the whole user bank. Advice: use commenting for voice for easy find next time.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2017 @ 04:37 PM
jimsy
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-27-2005

THnxs for the reply Alex. That is what I was hoping to be true. So have to get my flash and get to work!

Any experience by others who can post their success would be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2017 @ 04:52 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
jimsy - 08 March 2017 04:37 PM

THnxs for the reply Alex. That is what I was hoping to be true. So have to get my flash and get to work!

Any experience by others who can post their success would be appreciated.

Hi Jimsy,
Melas Total Librarian is a great tool but cannot manage flash related data directly (except managing voices referring samples and waveforms stored in the flash module).
For managing flash content itself I think you would need Waveform Editor piece of sw from the Melas suite. Again, you can find an extremely straightforward and logical UI and function here. When using flash, it is indispensable.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Constant USB problem with Mac
Next Topic:

Compare pianosounds help wanted... ››