mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Set up a Motif XF7"

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 05:18 AM
RobinJacobsson
Total Posts:  29
Joined  01-14-2009

Hi! I will buy a used XF7 from Ebay and I would like to get some inspiration/explanation on how to set it up.

I am playing in a coverband, sometimes with artists and I would like to make more split points/layers than 4. So I read somewhere that it’s MIXING mode I should look at?

Is there a way to reset all “slots” with FX and so on so I have empty/clear banks to work with without any settings/routings from the old presets?

How about levels, in my Motif I discovered that after I had setup everything with maximum volume I had no more room for boosting solo-instruments and so on. How are you setting up your levels?

Give me all info that you think I will need so I don’t make something wrong from the start!
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 12:47 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  2965
Joined  10-05-2011
RobinJacobsson - 03 March 2017 05:18 AM

Hi! I will buy a used XF7 from Ebay and I would like to get some inspiration/explanation on how to set it up.

I am playing in a coverband, sometimes with artists and I would like to make more split points/layers than 4. So I read somewhere that it’s MIXING mode I should look at?

Is there a way to reset all “slots” with FX and so on so I have empty/clear banks to work with without any settings/routings from the old presets?

How about levels, in my Motif I discovered that after I had setup everything with maximum volume I had no more room for boosting solo-instruments and so on. How are you setting up your levels?

Give me all info that you think I will need so I don’t make something wrong from the start!
Thanks!

Yes, MIXING Mode is a useful place to set up live-performance collections of VOICES, splits, layers, etc.

See This Article for particulars.

Not sure what you are referring to by “reset all slots”.

Per levels, it is standard practice to NOT set everything in a MIX to maximum gain, for the very reason you stated...so, best advice is:  Don’t do that!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 01:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  9296
Joined  09-16-2010
RobinJacobsson - 03 March 2017 05:18 AM

[...] Is there a way to reset all “slots” with FX and so on so I have empty/clear banks to work with without any settings/routings from the old presets? [...]

If you’re creating your own Performances or Song/Pattern Mixings, it’s usually a good idea to Initialize settings first.

If you really want to start with all User Banks initialized, see my file here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/461620/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 02:51 PM
RobinJacobsson
Total Posts:  29
Joined  01-14-2009

Ok Thanks!

I don’t know how to explain it, but when i enter for example Performance mode in my motif ES there are premade performances with fx and splits and stuff. So when I start to editing something I need to find and reset levels, effects and similiar before i start editing the performance.

By the way, the motif XF7 220V i was going to buy just disappeared. Do you know somewhere I can find a used one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 03:19 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  2965
Joined  10-05-2011
RobinJacobsson - 03 March 2017 02:51 PM

Ok Thanks!

I don’t know how to explain it, but when i enter for example Performance mode in my motif ES there are premade performances with fx and splits and stuff. So when I start to editing something I need to find and reset levels, effects and similiar before i start editing the performance....

Since we now know that “slots” are referring to PERFORMANCES, by all means do what 5pinDIN suggested and INITIALIZE the PERFORMANCE “slot” you will be overwriting.

See:  Initializing the Performance—[F1] Init (Initialize) on page 117 of the Motif XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]