mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "OK- noob question"

Posted on: March 02, 2017 @ 02:37 AM
mkeschinger
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-25-2011

Can I customize the voice or pattern user list. Meaning- connect to a computer and decide which sounds from xpand your world, or any other XOA files are downloaded to the XF?
On roland it was an editor. Still learning yamaha.
An example Lets say I want 35 different sounds from one list and say 35 from another. How do I load the specific sounds to a specific user bank.
I download the PSC bank and it overwrote all of the user voice files and left user bank 4 empty. I don’t want all of those sounds but I do want some and don’t want to do 1 at a time.
Any help is appreciated!
MK

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2017 @ 09:37 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Loading specific groups of Voices from one of the Banks in a file to the XF is done with an editor.

If the Voices don’t depend on samples that have to be loaded, one of these will do the job…
MOTIF XF Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.4 for Mac OS X:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/21018
--- or ---
MOTIF XF Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.4 for Windows:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/21019

I can provide details of operation for the above if you’d like to go that route, since the included PDF manual doesn’t cover the topic well.

When dealing with sample libraries, you might find that the John Melas software is more appropriate.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2017 @ 10:17 PM
mkeschinger
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-25-2011

would it be better just to go to his software so I can do both? Does his do both?
:)
Thank you for getting back to me. I knew there had to be a way!
M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2017 @ 10:53 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
mkeschinger - 02 March 2017 10:17 PM

would it be better just to go to his software so I can do both? Does his do both?
:)
Thank you for getting back to me. I knew there had to be a way!
M

Yes, the Melas tools will do all of it.  I do own them all, and can recommend them highly.

As 5pinDIN explained, you can certainly do a lot of it with the free Editor...with varying degrees of convenience.  However, I think you would find the Melas software to be a very elegant solution.

[ Ignore ]