mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Backup Files for firmware update questons"

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 03:04 PM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi,
I need to update the firmware on the Motif XF6 from 1.30 to 1.50 so the VST editor will work in cubase 9 with VST Editor 1.6.7 (getting firmware error when connecting) I know this is the issue after researching.

On th Motif I have backed up “all” “with Sample” on FL1 & FL2 , also backed up “ALL” “without sample” per directions on the firmware read me file.

After doing the firmware update, do i just load the “All” “with Sample”.......and where do i load this? Just to USER? Im a little confused even after going over the FULLY LOADED video a couple times.

I have all kinds of performances and some have samples in the Motif.....I also loaded some voices from purchased libraries that have some sample sounds on the flash cards. Got shows coming up, and i’m afraid to mess up the keyboard, but at some point , i also want the editor to work properly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 04:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bunzi1964 - 14 February 2017 03:04 PM

[...] On th Motif I have backed up “all” “with Sample” on FL1 & FL2 , also backed up “ALL” “without sample” per directions on the firmware read me file.

After doing the firmware update, do i just load the “All” “with Sample”.......and where do i load this? Just to USER? Im a little confused even after going over the FULLY LOADED video a couple times.[...]

I suggest that you ignore the “Fully Loaded” video, at least in this case.

While having an “All” file “with sample” is good insurance, the data on FL1/FL2 is not impacted by doing the OS update, and the “with sample” file shouldn’t be needed.

It’s apparent that you read the v150Readme_e.txt file, since you mentioned saving an “All” file “without sample” as directed. Follow the rest of the directions to install the update - after powering the XF off and back on, load the “without sample” file, with the Load options set as explained in the Readme “Updating Procedure” section.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 07:50 PM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Awesome,
Thanks so much for the support, Im now more confident this will go through correctly.

Thanks again!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 08:14 PM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Pin,
Just did the update and reloaded files, all went perfect :)
Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 08:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bunzi1964 - 14 February 2017 08:14 PM

Hi Pin,
Just did the update and reloaded files, all went perfect :)
Thanks again

You’re welcome - I’m glad things went smoothly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Duplicate Wavefrom Deletion en mass?
Next Topic:

Midi Controller Keyboard ››