mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Clarity on USB audio sent to DAW"

Posted on: February 11, 2017 @ 11:49 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Hi all

I have an apogee one with only 1 mic and 1 line input. I want to keep the mic input for vocals and the line input for real guitars etc. Will the usb lead send audio from the moxf straight to logic pro without me needing to connect line output to audio interface input?

I’m trying to avoid needing to purchase another audio device with more inputs and from my understanding of articles I’ve read I should be able to send the audio to my DAW via USB cable and hear the audio of moxf through my audio device output??? Is this correct? Is there some sort of special setup required in order to hear moxf audio in DAW with the USB cable, or should it just work so long as I have the audio device settings correct in my DAW?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2017 @ 07:52 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

It’s correct as long as you use them one at a time.

It becomes a little bit more complicated when you want to use your MOXF AND your Apogee simultaneously.

You’ll need to set Logic up with the MOXF as the input interface and the Apogee as the output interface. (or the other way round to suit your own needs)

If that’s not working for some reason or other you’ll need to create what’s called an ‘aggregate device’,

If you’re interested in creating an aggregate device, check this link out.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202000

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 07:19 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thank you for clarifying. Might just be easier and safer to get a different interface with more ins.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 08:17 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You’re welcome.

Maybe give it a go using one for input and one for output and then swap it around. See how you feel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 05:24 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I’ve been using the aggregate device method for years with no issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bag or Case for MOXF 8?
Next Topic:

keyboards & DAW ››