mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Original settings"

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 02:46 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-02-2017

Hi,
Enjoying my first few days of MoXF6 even if it appears complicated.
I have set up loads of performances for gigging use but when trying to just copy a piano voice over I may have upset the effects on the original? When I select voice full concert grand it doesn’t sound right. Is there a list of all the effects factory set so I can check?

Also when I copied effects over to another performance it got renamed init perf or something like that. Do I have to rename every performance when I copy effects?

Andrew

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 03:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 02 February 2017 02:46 PM

Hi,
Enjoying my first few days of MoXF6 even if it appears complicated.
I have set up loads of performances for gigging use but when trying to just copy a piano voice over I may have upset the effects on the original? When I select voice full concert grand it doesn’t sound right. Is there a list of all the effects factory set so I can check?

Welcome to the forum.

There are several things that can affect how a Voice sounds when it’s used in a Performance part.

See this thread, and the thread it links to:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477860/

Jetsetcarwash -

Also when I copied effects over to another performance it got renamed init perf or something like that. Do I have to rename every performance when I copy effects?

It’s not clear what you might have done to get that result. Are you referring to the Copy Job in Performance mode, as on pages 70-71 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 06:36 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply. Yes I discovered the lack of effects movement after I had made many performances. Not sure why I can’t job copy parameters from voice to performance without having to initialise and lose name?

Not sure if I have changed full concert piano effects but yes, I was trying to copy from voice to performance and may have pushed buttons and reversed the copy? I can check if there was a list showing all effect levels applied to that voice? I haven’t tried connecting to computer yet but this may help if I could download the original voices as factory, or save my performances and do a reset then reload my perfs?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 02 February 2017 06:36 PM

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply.

You’re welcome.

Jetsetcarwash -

Yes I discovered the lack of effects movement after I had made many performances. Not sure why I can’t job copy parameters from voice to performance without having to initialise and lose name?

As long as you turn on Parameter with Voice before selecting a Voice for a Performance Part, most Parameters will be copied. See P.WithVce on page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual. Insertion Effects will also be copied, but System Effects will not be. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects

I’m not sure what you’re referring to by “lose name”. Copying of Parameters and Effects shouldn’t cause that. If you describe in detail what you’re doing, it might be possible to help further with that.

Jetsetcarwash -

Not sure if I have changed full concert piano effects but yes, I was trying to copy from voice to performance and may have pushed buttons and reversed the copy? I can check if there was a list showing all effect levels applied to that voice? I haven’t tried connecting to computer yet but this may help if I could download the original voices as factory, or save my performances and do a reset then reload my perfs?

You can’t change anything in the Preset (PRE) banks. If you’re referring to Voices in the USER banks, it’s possible to edit those. Saving your own data to a USB drive (see page 60 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual, and page 155 of the Reference Manual) and then doing a factory reset (see page 20 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual) might be appropriate.

By the way, Performances don’t include Voice data in their Parts, they only point to that data in the Voice banks. That means if you base Performance Parts on Preset bank Voices, they can’t change because those Presets are permanent. However, with User Voices in Performance Parts, if the User Voice is edited, the Performance will also change.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 04:05 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Thanks, I am learning more every day (a far cry from when I worked in a shop in Bedford demonstrating the new Yamaha D85 three keyboard organ!).

When I made the performances I just over wrote ones that were there without first initialising them, when went back and looked at the voices, some had part with voice on, some off. Instructions said use JOB and then copy voice to performance, but first initialise? If you do this the name of the performance changes to perf init or something? I now find the best way is to turn part with voice on in edit and reload voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 04:08 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Sorry, parameter with voice.......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 04:16 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Apologies, all these questions!
Ok, if I can’t change parameters on pre voices it must be my ears?
When I look at voices the full concert grand is first, but also scroll down and is at row 8, 9, and 10. Why are the user presets mixed in with preset, should the order not be all presets first, demonstrating all voices, then personal adaptations? Or have I listed in strange order?
I will read the cd manual!
Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 04:47 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Jetsetcarwash - 03 February 2017 04:16 PM

...Why are the user presets mixed in with preset, should the order not be all presets first, demonstrating all voices, then personal adaptations? Or have I listed in strange order?....

The VOICES populating the USER VOICE BANKS are all copies of PRESET VOICES located in the PRESET VOICE BANKS.  And, in fact, those copies can be Edited and STORED in place, if desired.

This Thread may be helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 04:59 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 03 February 2017 04:05 PM

When I made the performances I just over wrote ones that were there without first initialising them, when went back and looked at the voices, some had part with voice on, some off. Instructions said use JOB and then copy voice to performance, but first initialise? If you do this the name of the performance changes to perf init or something?

If you create your own Performance without first initializing it, then it will retain many of the characteristics of the original Performance, some of which might be undesirable for your Performance. Of course, an initialized Performance will need to be renamed, since it’s no longer related to what was previously there - but why not name a Performance you made so that you can recognize what it is?

Jetsetcarwash -

I now find the best way is to turn part with voice on in edit and reload voice.

The best way to do what? Yes, turning on Parameter with Voice and reselecting a Voice for the Part will copy Parameters that otherwise wouldn’t be copied. However, that only deals with one of the Parts of a Performance, and still leaves the Common Parameters and the other three Parts with the original settings. If that’s what you want, it’s OK - otherwise, initializing first is usually a better approach.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2017 @ 05:10 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 03 February 2017 04:16 PM

[...] Why are the user presets mixed in with preset, should the order not be all presets first, demonstrating all voices, then personal adaptations? Or have I listed in strange order? [...]

Besides the important points made concerning USER Voices in the reply from cmayhle, there’s probably another thing that might explain your confusion. What you see depends on how you’re accessing Voices. It seems you’re using Category Search, but that’s not the only way.

See the MOXF Owner’s Manual, Selecting a Preset Voice on page 25, and Using the Category Search function on page 26.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 05:40 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Thank you peoples for the help. I’m no expert yet but much more comfortable with the workings.
Still odd that when you search voices the user ones are mixed up with presets (eg strings go pre7 then afew usr ones before going back to pre 8 etc). Also if I want to alter a voice in performance it calls the voice pre then a number like 095 rather than B16 so I have to rely on name and look. But I can cope with that.
Andrew

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Settings...
Next Topic:

Need help with some issues.... ››