mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Edited Voice Unchanged in Performance and Pattern"

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 11:37 PM
DVJ
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-21-2017

Hello,

I have edited some preset voices and saved them in my user banks.  When I start a performance or pattern and pick the renamed edited voice, the sound comes through as the preset voice without the changes I created.

Wondering if anyone may know why this is happening?

Although, I have figured out that if I choose my edited voice and layer it with another voice, and then save it as a performance, it will work. 

But I am not sure why my edited voice does not work when I am in performance or pattern mode. 

Thanks I appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 12:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Often what you’ve described is caused by the user choosing the original Preset Voice instead of the edited one that was stored in a User location. However, it appears that you aren’t doing that.

One possibility depends on which Parameters you edited. For certain Parameters to be copied to a Part in a Performance or Pattern/Song Mixing, Parameter with Voice has to be turned on before the Voice is selected for the Part.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_parameter_with_voice and page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478).

If the above doesn’t help, could you describe which Parameters you’ve edited that don’t seem to be properly copied? For example, is the issue related to Arpeggios?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 01:51 AM
DVJ
Joined  01-21-2017

Yes, this worked! Parameter with Voice was the issue.  The voice edits I made were added effects, cutoff, release etc.  In Performance mode, I brought up my saved performance, then pressed edit, then turned on ‘P. with Voice’ for the appropriate part. 

Thank you 5pinDin.  Really appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 01:59 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome - I’m glad that the problem has been resolved.

By the way, if Parameter with Voice is turned on after a Voice is selected for a Part, a different Voice should be temporarily selected, and then the desired one reselected.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 04:05 AM
DVJ
Joined  01-21-2017

Yes, thankfully I was able to figure this one out.  Thanks for the heads up!  Great website!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help with getting SMF
Next Topic:

Please help! assign delay to a part in song mode... ››