mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF freezes, corrupt waveform on FL1, not able to format."

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 01, 2021 @ 10:13 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sdaino - 01 March 2021 09:27 PM

YES! SUCCESS! Thank you so much for your help!

For the community:

I have 2 boards. Removed the good one, I mounted the offending module on slot #1.

Fortunately the module was ok, it passes all the tests. the TEST #4 at page 104 of the service manual does exactly what it is needed in this case: reset the flash memory deleting any previous data on it. I run also test #5 on page 105.

Then, turning ON again the Motif XF, it asks to format the flash memory. Just do it, and everything starts to work again as expected.

I’ll contact Melas, to provide this example of offending waveform. I’m using the last version of his application on the Mac. I guess this is a very rare case of un-compatibility with the Motif XF firmware.

Maybe the problem arises by the fact that I built a waveform having a different number of layers (keybanks) on each key along the keyboard. It is a Rhodes having 7 layers on the lower part and 5 on the upper portion of the keyboard.

I’ll keep you posted.

Again, thank you very much for your excellent suggestion and assistance.

Thanks for the update. You’re very welcome - I’m glad that the Test Mode procedure was able to fix the problem. Hopefully Melas can determine what went wrong and can update his software to prevent it from happening again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2021 @ 02:17 PM
jenny13857
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-03-2021

Did you tried doing it again?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2021 @ 02:37 PM
sdaino
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-09-2005

Follow up:

I had contacted John Melas who very kindly checked the offending waveform. The problem was that this waveform contains 501 keybanks (it is a Rhodes Mark I sampled each key on several layers), which exceeds the 255 keybanks per waveform allowed on the Motif XF.

He is preparing a new version of Motif Waveform Editor adding a warning when you try to put more than 256 Keybanks in a Waveform.

Again, thank you very much to 5pinDIN for his suggestion, and John Melas for his prompt reply and support. His editor is a great tool. It is really very easy and very effective to use.

Stefano Daino
http://www.dsp-quattro.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2021 @ 05:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sdaino - 03 March 2021 02:37 PM

Follow up:

I had contacted John Melas who very kindly checked the offending waveform. The problem was that this waveform contains 501 keybanks (it is a Rhodes Mark I sampled each key on several layers), which exceeds the 255 keybanks per waveform allowed on the Motif XF.

He is preparing a new version of Motif Waveform Editor adding a warning when you try to put more than 256 Keybanks in a Waveform.

Again, thank you very much to 5pinDIN for his suggestion, and John Melas for his prompt reply and support. His editor is a great tool. It is really very easy and very effective to use.

Stefano Daino
http://www.dsp-quattro.com

Again, you’re welcome.

It’s good that the problem is being addressed, although I’m a bit surprised that it wasn’t prevented right from the beginning. For example, my Arps-Plus program warns against and prevents exceeding 256 Arps in .X0G or .X3G files it creates by joining two files. See attachment.

Image Attachments
Arps-Plus warning.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading these voices...
Next Topic:

Sysex and XF7 woes ››