mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "URGENT - storing a voice but each stored voice has a different transpose/note shift value to match a song’s key in a set list"

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 08:27 PM
cspencer
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-15-2016

Hi guys,

I urgently need to know if I can do this with my MOXF8 please (latest firmware, recently has been factory restored):

1. store one voice (e.g. the Full Concert Grand voice on button A1) with a transposing or note shift value of something like -1
2. then store another copy of this exact same voice (a duplicate, on another button like A2) with a different transposing value of -2, etc.
3. repeat as many times as needed

If this isn’t possible, can you edit a voice and save the transposing/note shift changes, then store it? Is it that you can only store one voice with its transposing/note shift value edited and you can’t store multiple versions of the same voice at all (e.g. duplicates)? Please help!

All I want to do is be able to switch between patches really quickly that are already transposed (to match songs in a set), but I’d love to know more asap please!

Cheers,

Cameron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 09:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, a Voice can be edited as needed and then stored to as many different User locations as required. Note Shift will work up to +/- 24 semitones. You should probably rename the Voice in each case so that the amount of shifting is obvious.

If you need to be able to switch very rapidly from one of the Voices to another, you could do so with up to 16 at a time using the Parts of a Song or Pattern Mixing. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2017 @ 02:59 PM
cspencer
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-15-2016

Excellent, thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2017 @ 06:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cspencer - 01 January 2017 02:59 PM

Excellent, thanks!

You’re welcome.

By the way, your edited Voices could be stored in Song/Pattern Mixings as Mixing Voices. Doing that won’t use any locations in the User banks, if that’s important to you. See Mixing Voice Edit on page 122 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ loading waveforms and voices
Next Topic:

Performance restore ››