mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "convert x0a to x3a or x6a"

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 06:31 AM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-15-2016

hi all can anybody help me with step by step procedure to convert x0a to x3a or x6a. i learnt that it is possible only with melas waveform editor hence i have purchased it. if i open .x0a i could not save it as .x3a or .x6a. i cannot find what i am missing.. please guide me..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 07:31 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
gpjoshua - 27 December 2016 06:31 AM

hi all can anybody help me with step by step procedure to convert x0a to x3a or x6a. i learnt that it is possible only with melas waveform editor hence i have purchased it. if i open .x0a i could not save it as .x3a or .x6a. i cannot find what i am missing.. please guide me..

Converting x0a to x3a:
=============================
1. Start waveform editor. Now you have an empty workspace under the name of “Motif XF All file 1”. See Window menu.
2. Now open your X0a file. From now you can see 2 items in the Window menu.
3. With x0a active, select items you need and right click copy (Ctrl-C). You can use Ctrl-A/Ctrl-C if you want to copy all items in a voice bank or waveform list.
4. Via Window menu switch to the empty “Motif XF All file 1”.
5. Select target area (voice bank or the FL1 waveform list).
6. Paste items
7. Repeat for other banks if needed
8. Save “Motif XF All file 1” workspace and rename it as you wish. Your x3a file is ready

Converting X6a to x3a:
======================
1. Start waveform editor. 
2. Use Import MOXF command in file menu. Note that this command doesn’t open a new workspace so you will find only “Motif XF All file 1” in window menu
3. Use save or save as to save the workspace into a new x3a file.

Converting to x6a:
==================
AFAIK not possible but not needed either as MOXF reads x3a.

Hope that helps. Consider using total librarian for such conversions when user waveforms not involved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 06:27 PM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-15-2016

thanks jozsi. can waveforms and voices can be loaded directly to moxf internal memory or do we need flash memory module? i tried but getting error message as no flash module installed or module is unformatted.. if we can save files direct to intermal memory what is the memory size limit? sorry it might be silly but i am new to moxf..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 10:39 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  2963
Joined  10-05-2011
gpjoshua - 27 December 2016 06:27 PM

thanks jozsi. can waveforms and voices can be loaded directly to moxf internal memory or do we need flash memory module?....

You must have an optional Flash Module installed to LOAD custom audio Sample Data to the MOXF.  There is no USER Memory for Sample Data built into the machine.

VOICE data is installed to USER VOICE BANKS already contained within the keyboard.  No VOICE data is LOADED to the optional Flash Module.

This Thread may be useful.

This Article may be useful.

EDIT:  I see that 5pinDIN also answered this question in your Other Thread.

[ Ignore ]