mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "COPY FUNCTION IN VOICE MODE"

Posted on: December 23, 2016 @ 10:42 AM
Dechristo
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2011

A few weeks ago I asked a question about copying parameters in VOICE MODE...I was graciously directed to page 134 of the owners manual by 5pinDIN, thanks!...now I have a new question.  Is that the extent of the copy in voice mode function?  Solely to be able to transfer individual elements and ALL parameters associated with that element, to the same voice, or transfer that element and ALL parameters to another voice in one of the 8 available element locations?

Is it the whole ball of wax or nothing as far as element swapping?  There is no way to specify, for example, any single subpages to be transferred, like envelope shape page, or amplitude, or the FEG or PEG subpages, or anything more specific than just the entire element and it’s parameters in total?
Can’t I copy, say the just the effects parameters from one voice to another?

And if copy is set to COMMON, between voices, what is transferred? Just a bulk dump of EVERY common parameter from the host voice to the receiving voice?  No way to specify any particulars?

Hopefully I am dead wrong!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2016 @ 01:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Dechristo - 23 December 2016 10:42 AM

A few weeks ago I asked a question about copying parameters in VOICE MODE...I was graciously directed to page 134 of the owners manual by 5pinDIN, thanks!

You’re welcome.

Dechristo -

...now I have a new question.  Is that the extent of the copy in voice mode function? [...]

Functionality of the built-in Copy Job is limited. You might find the Voice Editor in John Melas’ Tools somewhat more useful, since it at least provides Copy and Paste for PEG, FEG and AEG envelopes.

You can download the demo, and decide whether it serves your needs sufficiently to merit purchase:
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2016 @ 11:47 AM
Dechristo
Joined  08-12-2011

Thanks again for the info...what a shame and a lack of insight on Yamaha’s part, considering the price range of these levels of instruments, and how useful and simple a function like this is for tweaking sounds.  Is this the same scenario for the new Montage?  That you would have to buy outside source voice editing for a simple copy/paste function that could easily be an onboard function?  I have two 25+ year old Ensoniq keyboards (TS10, VFX-SD) that do this with ease.  You can go to absolutely ANY parameter page on ANY voice patch, hit copy, go to the equivalent page on ANY other voice and hit recall.  If you like the master effects setting (or any subpage therein) on one voice, copy and paste (recall) to another...like the string attack on a particular string wave element? Just copy and paste...talk about handy!  As simple as copying and pasting text or pictures on your cell phone.  It’s a great feature.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2016 @ 01:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are certainly things I wish my XS and XF did better, but my attitude with the Motifs is that “they are what they are”.

There’s a technique you might find useful in some situations. It doesn’t copy/paste Parameters, but it allows comparison of those in one Voice to another. Matching Parameters using manual editing can then be somewhat easier.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478419/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2016 @ 02:19 PM
Dechristo
Joined  08-12-2011

Thanks...that is a great suggestion/tip!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS faders to control various midi CC
Next Topic:

New to midi ››