mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Split Point vs Limit H, Limit L"

Posted on: December 22, 2016 @ 01:42 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I know this issue has been discussed before but my search didn’t find it. 

I have one “dead” note in the middle of my performance. Bass on left and Piano on right, but the F doesn’t play either voice. When I check the Limit H/L setting on each part each is over the entire keyboard. Yet in actual practise, they are not overlapping. But then the F seems to be in limbo. When I tried resetting the Limit L/K settings for each Part nothing happens.

I recall dealing with this and it turned out there is some programming “altercation” between the Split function and the Limit L/H settings that is thwarting things. Unfortunately, it was impossible to easily undo so, as I recall, I just had to rebuild the whole Performance from scratch. I also remember it having to do with using the Performance Creator.

Does any of this ring a bell?  Do I have to rebuild the whole Performance just to get that F to sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2016 @ 07:10 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
muscarella - 22 December 2016 01:42 AM

I have one “dead” note in the middle of my performance. ...
Yet in actual practise, they are not overlapping. But then the F seems to be in limbo. When I tried resetting the Limit L/K settings for each Part nothing happens.

That’s near impossible. Try to solo all tracks one by one and check the settings and if the instrument responses to the zone updates. Be sure not set F# instead of F at split point. I’m quite sure that it is a simple handling issue. You will find it soon just keep trying :-)

[ Ignore ]