mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum Arpeggio Fills"

Posted on: December 06, 2016 @ 02:28 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I spend quite a bit of time trying to find a couple fills for each song I do in Perf mode. I know there is a feature (that I’ve never used or really understood) on MOXF for allowing the arpegiator to basically alter the Arpegio slightly or greatly and then you can either decide to keep it or do it again and get a completely different one. Sorry, I can’t remember the name of this feature. Is it within the Groove menu?

Anyway, I’d like to delve into that feature some more. For now, though, I’m wondering if it’s possible to have my Drum Arpeggios get some slight alteration even as I use them within a Performance? Basically, have my virtual drummer “ad lib” slightly when I hit that Drum Fill Arp button.

Alternatively, I assume I could that feature to create new fills, but then I’d have to save them and convert them into User Arps. I find that some of the Drum Arp “sets” (i.e. West Coast or Gospel) could use just one more variation of drum fill. And if I go to another “set” the drums sounds different, I assume because they are using different keys for the snare sound or bass drum sound. (Since I’m not changing the Kit I’ve chosen)

Anyway, any suggestions welcome. I’m trying to get a little deeper into the MOXF to fine tune the things I do live. I use Performances quite a lot more then I thought I would, especially when it gives me nice bass parts or guitar riffs that vary depending on the keys I push (sort/direct or ??) It would be nice if something similar could be done with the drums, in real time, to make them sound even more “human.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2016 @ 09:58 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
muscarella - 06 December 2016 02:28 PM

I spend quite a bit of time trying to find a couple fills for each song I do in Perf mode. I know there is a feature (that I’ve never used or really understood) on MOXF for allowing the arpegiator to basically alter the Arpegio slightly or greatly and then you can either decide to keep it or do it again and get a completely different one. Sorry, I can’t remember the name of this feature. Is it within the Groove menu?

Anyway, I’d like to delve into that feature some more. For now, though, I’m wondering if it’s possible to have my Drum Arpeggios get some slight alteration even as I use them within a Performance? Basically, have my virtual drummer “ad lib” slightly when I hit that Drum Fill Arp button.

Alternatively, I assume I could that feature to create new fills, but then I’d have to save them and convert them into User Arps. I find that some of the Drum Arp “sets” (i.e. West Coast or Gospel) could use just one more variation of drum fill. And if I go to another “set” the drums sounds different, I assume because they are using different keys for the snare sound or bass drum sound. (Since I’m not changing the Kit I’ve chosen)

Anyway, any suggestions welcome. I’m trying to get a little deeper into the MOXF to fine tune the things I do live. I use Performances quite a lot more then I thought I would, especially when it gives me nice bass parts or guitar riffs that vary depending on the keys I push (sort/direct or ??) It would be nice if something similar could be done with the drums, in real time, to make them sound even more “human.”

I believe you may be referring to the REMIX function, page 103 of the MOXF Reference Manual, and page 9 in This Document.

I believe this will only work in PATTERN Mode, though, not PERFORMANCE.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Re Ordering Voices in Performance
Next Topic:

converting XS to MOXF ››