mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "audio/midi"

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 07:09 AM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

Audio/Midi with RME UCX & Cubase settings

Hi I have Roland FA06, Yamaha Moxf and RME UCX my DAW is Cubase 8.5.
There is a lot of hiss/noise in the audio output L/R cables for both keyboards, but when I connect single keyboard via USB cable with audio/midi then audio recording in my Cubase is noiseless. After experiment a lot it is confirmed that my Cables are the problem!
As you know MOXF & FA06 can be connected via single USB cable with midi/audio provider so I just want to know how I can connect them both together through USB cable but, I want my UCX to stay connected as well so what internal settings will I need to do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 07:54 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

AFAIK, if you’re on Windows, you can’t since we can only use one audio device at the time. If you’re an OSX user, then you should be able to create something called an ‘aggregate device’ or similar.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 05:08 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

You could also use aggregate function on Windows, but you should have also ASIO4all driver installed. Than, after installing both drivers for MOXF and Roland, connect both instruments via USB cables to computer. Now in ASIO4all settings select audio in/out channels from both keyboards. Depending on your PC hardware, you will maybe miss some channels. I have tried this with MOXF and Motif Rack XS equipped with FW16 and it works. I have all channels from MOXF, but number of channels that exist when RXS is running alone are reduced.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 05:41 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Interesting, long time since I used ASIO4All, but it appears that it’s still going strong then! :-)

[ Ignore ]