mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "voice in song mode question"

Posted on: November 30, 2016 @ 07:41 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

OK, so I am the proud owner now of a used Motif XF8, to work with my XS6 and S90ES!  I am getting back to sequencing (basic, no guru) for some of the songs my daughter and I do.  Using Cubase Artist 8.5 and Motif VST editors.

I am using a voice (crunched up 376) in a song.  It has a AS Function 1 button use that sounds like the strings are being plucked and muted when it is on.  I want to use this in part of a song and have figured out how to insert the CC 86 (at 127) to turn on the switch and insert cc86 (at 000) turn it back off during the sequence. (did this part on the XF).

Problem is, the “desired sound” when depressing AF1 (the sound I get when used in voice mode......and even while physically playing the instrument by selecting the track during the song and hitting the keys) doesn’t totally match up while the song is playing.  It is not as “staccato” or pronounced.  There IS a small difference but not enough.......soooo

I went to see what the AF1 button is doing in the VOICE and it doesn’t even show up being used in the list of controllers.?????

Any help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2016 @ 08:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BeeRad - 30 November 2016 07:41 PM

[...]I went to see what the AF1 button is doing in the VOICE and it doesn’t even show up being used in the list of controllers.?????

Any help?

In “Crunched Up 376”, PRE2:111(G15), AF1 (and AF2) determine which Voice Elements are played, due to the XA Control setting for each Element.

XA Control for Elements 1/2/3/4/6 are set to “all AF off” - if either AF1 or AF2 is on (button held down, since they’re set for momentary operation), those five Elements won’t play. XA Control for Element 7 is set to “AF1 on”, so it plays when AF1 is pressed. XA Control for Element 8 is set to “AF2 on”, so it plays when AF2 is pressed. (Element 5 XA Control is “normal”, and therefore isn’t affected by AF1 and AF2 usage. That Element only plays from C6~G8, due to the Note Limit setting.)

If the Voice sounds different in Song mode than Voice mode, one possibility is that Parameter with Voice wasn’t turned on before the Voice was selected for the Part in the Mixing. If so, you can turn Param with Voice on, select another Voice, then reselect PRE2:111, and STORE the Mixing.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_parameter_with_voice

By the way, the default in Song mode for AF1 and AF2 Mode is “latch”, so if you want to duplicate the Voice mode operation, change those settings to “momentary”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2016 @ 09:04 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

My gosh!  That’s it!  I forgot how to find the “XA” controls, and the final icing was the darn parameter with voice!  Again, the power of this beast is amazing.  The user interface can be difficult to keep up with/remember how to do it.  Many thanks again for your help!  I hate “forgetting” things that I have seen/read before.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2016 @ 10:21 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BeeRad - 30 November 2016 09:04 PM

My gosh!  That’s it!  I forgot how to find the “XA” controls, and the final icing was the darn parameter with voice!  Again, the power of this beast is amazing.  The user interface can be difficult to keep up with/remember how to do it.  Many thanks again for your help!  I hate “forgetting” things that I have seen/read before.

You’re welcome. Yes, the Motifs can do a lot, and it can be a challenge to keep it all in mind.

This support article covers using XA Control and other techniques for Voice transitioning:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/voice_transitioning

I find that one of the advantages of participating here is it’s a great memory refresher.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Peter Jung Symphonic Library - transposition, keybank
Next Topic:

NEW USER HELP ››