mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with Scene in song mode or pattern mode"

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 03:27 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Hi Guys

Thank you all for your previous help ! Here is new problem I have if anyone have solution for this please help me out..!

I have Motif XF (and planning to buy MOXF soon). I am programming and creating live set in song mode to play VOICES seamlessly live in shows. I need at least 17 VOICES with only one switching and should change seamlessly… ! Can anyone help me how to achieve this?
I am getting 16 sounds in song mode seamlessly with one press of button.. how to fit my 17th sound? I know I can split keyboard in one of sound (voice) and use unused element and create sound but I am not too keen with this as most of the sounds I am using full keyboard!

Can I use ‘SCENE’ in any way to get different sound set?

Thank you..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 07:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s no magical way to have more than 16 Parts in a Song/Pattern Mixing. However, it is possible to have more than one sound across the entire keyboard in a Part, if you have Elements to spare in a Voice.

I’ve attached a demo “all voice” file, zipped. The first two User1 Voices (A01 and A02) are the demos, the rest are initialized.

The approach I took in A01 (3way AF1 AF2 5pinDIN) uses XA Control, in conjunction with the “all AF off”, “AF1 on”, and “AF2 on” settings. With neither AF button depressed there’s a piano. Pressing AF1 replaces the piano with a cello. Turning off AF1 and pressing AF2 gives you a sax. If both AF1 and AF2 are on, the cello and sax are layered. All three sounds will play across the full C -2 to G8 range. If switching between only two sounds was desired, programming for AF2 could be eliminated.

For A02 (MW x-Fade 5pinDIN) I did a cross-fade using the Mod Wheel, via Controller Set Assignment. An organ sound is played with the MW all the way down. As the MW is advanced the sound will gradually switch to a type of chorus. I set the Element Amplitude Levels and MW Controller Element Level depths so that there’s a small amount of the sound that’s faded still audible at either extreme of the MW. However, they could be programmed so that only one sound is audible at max or min MW positions.

Please note that I made these Voices just to demonstrate techniques, so they aren’t particularly polished. Rather than loading the entire file, one Voice can be loaded at a time to a User location.

File Attachments
2&3wayVoices 5pinDIN.n3.X3V.zip  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 183)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2016 @ 02:25 AM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Thank you Guru 5pinDIN..

I was exactly thinking on that line..
I am now sorted..

Thanks !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2016 @ 04:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
kvt - 22 November 2016 02:25 AM

Thank you Guru 5pinDIN..

I was exactly thinking on that line..
I am now sorted..

Thanks !

You’re welcome - I’m glad you’ve got things worked out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2016 @ 02:43 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Great optimization of the Motif approach.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggiator in Song Mode? Motif ES6
Next Topic:

Yamaha EX5/SY99 As MIDI Controller ››