mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Delay being added on performances with Organ"

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 09:51 PM
JMBrauer
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-15-2015

I have noticed lately that when I add an organ voice (but particularly the St. Paul) to any performance, that voice has a delay on it. It is unnoticeable when the voice is sounding, but when I release the keys, the delay sounds and I hear a pulsing that takes a long time to fade. I have tried playing with the reverb settings at the Voice and Performance levels but have been unsuccessful in finding the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 10:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

If you have any pedals, MIDI cables, or USB connections going to the MOXF, remove them and listen on headphones connected to the PHONES jack. Does the condition still exist then?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 10:30 PM
JMBrauer
Joined  04-15-2015
5pinDIN - 20 November 2016 10:23 PM

If you have any pedals, MIDI cables, or USB connections going to the MOXF, remove them and listen on headphones connected to the PHONES jack. Does the condition still exist then?

Thanks for that suggestion! Yes, I still have the issue, even with all pedals and cables disconnected. I have found one performance in which the organ does not have that “ping pong” type delay, but it also has no reverb on it. I’m sure there is some effect that I am missing, I just can’t find it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 11:58 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JMBrauer - 20 November 2016 10:30 PM

Thanks for that suggestion! Yes, I still have the issue, even with all pedals and cables disconnected. I have found one performance in which the organ does not have that “ping pong” type delay, but it also has no reverb on it. I’m sure there is some effect that I am missing, I just can’t find it.

OK, I just wanted to make sure that something external to the MOXF wasn’t the cause, such as a MIDI loop.

The St.Paul AF1+2 Voice, and some other organ Voices, use the “Cross Delay” Insertion Effect, which could be described as “ping pong”. Just to the left of the MOXF display are the EFFECT on/off buttons. Which ones are lit when the issue occurs? What happens if you turn off (button unlit) INSERTION, SYSTEM, and MASTER?

While it’s possible in Utility mode to turn on a Master Effect that would be applied to all Voices when in Voice mode, in Performance mode that selection is done on a per-Performance basis. As an example of the issue, could you identify a Performance (bank/number) to which adding an organ Voice exhibits it?

If you aren’t otherwise able to identify the cause, you could back up your User data to an “All” file, and then do a factory reset.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 01:19 PM
JMBrauer
Joined  04-15-2015
5pinDIN - 20 November 2016 11:58 PM

The St.Paul AF1+2 Voice, and some other organ Voices, use the “Cross Delay” Insertion Effect, which could be described as “ping pong”. Just to the left of the MOXF display are the EFFECT on/off buttons. Which ones are lit when the issue occurs? What happens if you turn off (button unlit) INSERTION, SYSTEM, and MASTER?

Aha! That was it- I had Insertion and System turned on. Turning off Insertion fixed the issue. Thanks for your help!

As a follow-up, it seems the status of those effect buttons is not tied to a specific performance, but occurs at a higher level. I.e., now that I’ve turned off Insertion, it is off for all performances until I turn it back on. Is that correct? It seems strange that an insertion effect couldn’t be programmed into a single performance. I admit that I’m very new to this level of programming, and I’m struggling to understand precisely how everything works on this keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 02:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JMBrauer - 21 November 2016 01:19 PM

Aha! That was it- I had Insertion and System turned on. Turning off Insertion fixed the issue. Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome.

JMBrauer -

As a follow-up, it seems the status of those effect buttons is not tied to a specific performance, but occurs at a higher level. I.e., now that I’ve turned off Insertion, it is off for all performances until I turn it back on. Is that correct?

Yes.

JMBrauer -

It seems strange that an insertion effect couldn’t be programmed into a single performance. I admit that I’m very new to this level of programming, and I’m struggling to understand precisely how everything works on this keyboard.

Insertion Effect usage is indeed programmable per Part of a Performance. I was trying to determine what it was you were experiencing. Now that we’ve done that…

Part Edit information begins on page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478). The Insertion Effect Part Switch (on/off) info is found on page 67.

More detailed control of Insertion Effects can be done in Voice mode - see page 35. You can STORE an edited Voice to a User location, and then use it in a Performance.

I hope that helps. If any of the above is unclear, please post again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editing presets and more
Next Topic:

Tap Tempo option? ››