mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Black Keys Synth on Gold on the Ceiling"

Posted on: November 14, 2016 @ 08:40 PM
Ranelsonoh
Total Posts:  4
Joined  11-09-2014

Anyone have a good setting for the crunchy synth sound in the Black Keys Gold on the Ceiling?

Others have suggested other synths Logic Combo Model F “EVB3 legacy” sounds there is a “far freezer” sound. 

I need the sound for a gig, but just cant find a preset close.  Any help would be great. 

RN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 01:04 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
Ranelsonoh - 14 November 2016 08:40 PM

Anyone have a good setting for the crunchy synth sound in the Black Keys Gold on the Ceiling?

Others have suggested other synths Logic Combo Model F “EVB3 legacy” sounds there is a “far freezer” sound. 

I need the sound for a gig, but just cant find a preset close.  Any help would be great. 

RN

Just for a starting tip: I took PRE6/64 P5 Analog punch. I set three layers in mixing mode with +0 -12 and +12 note shift with the same volume level. You can try even a fourth layer with +24 note shift but only a very low output level. I think this can already work in live. I think that the octave note shift is the key here and you can try several other simple lead and comping voices.
You can set the same or similar structure on the level of voice elements if you want to insert this voice into a performance.
For any sound you select or create quite straightforward envelops needed with near zero attack and release. Of course, there may be much more precise reproductions possible but the setting above took only 10 minutes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 01:10 AM
Ranelsonoh
Total Posts:  4
Joined  11-09-2014

Thanks!! I’m going to get my manual out to try to figure out all the great recommendations you gave me here! 

RN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 05:26 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Addition: When you’re ready, in master EQ cut BASS and slightly MID LOW as well and boost MID HIGH around 3 kHz to get a really punchy, a bit aggressive sound that is similar to the original and prevents you from sinking in the noise generated by band mates ;-). If you use song/mixing mode don’t forget to set all layers to channel 1 to allow all layers to sound at the same time. Good luck :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance Part Trigger Range?
Next Topic:

Windows tablet and moxf? ››