mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“sample full”"

Posted on: November 03, 2016 @ 01:32 PM
kstenz
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-15-2008

I am trying to load individual voices and/or and entire “inspiration” files to my user files.
I have 39% left in my extended memory. No matter what I try to load I get a Sample Full error. Does this mean I should reformat my expansion board (1gig)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2016 @ 03:22 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Hi, AFAIK for the entire inspiration to load at the same time you would need a 2G module. Possibly you can load two banks of the package in one shot into a 1G module.

What is most important samples stored in x3a and x6a files are located at fixed slots/adresses that cannot be shifted easily. So if you have one single sample and you are going to load an x6a that contains another one single voice and its waveform/sample is pointing to the already occupied slot that you get the same message and you canot load the file even if you have a lot of free space in your flash.
I don’n know any other comfortable way to manage this situation and motif waveforms and samples easily but to get a Melas Waveform Editor sw. Even with the software its quite hard work to consolidate two packages with samples while managing such voices/waveforms/samples one by one is quite easy.
And note that if you delete a voice the waveform and sample remains there and only the software has “delete unused waveforms” function. You will not find any similar function on the board itself.
Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2016 @ 03:30 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MOXF keeps a list of pointers to each waveform in the fash board. There is a max of 2048 waveforms allowed, and it is possible to run out of waveform pointers before you have filled up the flash memory with samples. If either the memory is full or the waveform limit is reached, you get the sample memory full error.

Open the Utility menu and select the tab for Flash, this will let you scroll through the waveform list. Scroll to the end of the list to see how many waveforms are loaded. To give you an idea, in my Motif XF, I have two boards and each is over 50% full but each has only a little over 200 waveforms loaded, far from the limit.

Let us know if you have hit the waveform limit or not and we can go from there on what to do.

BTW, Inspiration in a Flash has only 384MB of samples, so it will fit in a 512MB board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2016 @ 06:08 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
meatballfulton - 03 November 2016 03:30 PM

BTW, Inspiration in a Flash has only 384MB of samples, so it will fit in a 512MB board.

You’re right, sorry for the wrong info, I mixed up with an another package (where a load per bank approach was suggested for 512MB users).

The INSPIRATION IN A FLASH Library is made up of the following data:
Approx 384MB of data total - this requires the 75% of a 512MB board and about 38% of a 1GB Board.

[ Ignore ]