mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Sequencer Memory Full” Message"

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 06:38 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Hi!

After sequencing only four medium-length songs and loading a couple of normal-length MIDI files, my XF8 will not let me save any more recordings. I get the “Sequencer Memory Full” message. I had to start erasing the preset factory demos now so that I can actually still record music!

Why is this?

How about Flash Boards? Can they extend Sequencer Memory?

Thanks!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 08:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sequencer memory is 1 MB, it’s shared between Songs and Patterns, and it can’t be expanded by flash modules. The number of Songs/Patterns and their length (in time) is less the issue than the number of MIDI events that have been recorded. Heavy use of sustain, or recording of aftertouch data (frequently unintentionally) can use up sequencer memory in a hurry. In general, it’s possible for any controller data, if excessive, to significantly limit the number and length of Song/Patterns that can be recorded before running out of sequencer memory. The Event List can help to find if anything predominates, and proper use of the View Filter can make it easier.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 08:36 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

For some reason it does not like to let me save my mixings (with no midi data at all - just voices for live use).

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 08:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 01 November 2016 08:36 PM

For some reason it does not like to let me save my mixings (with no midi data at all - just voices for live use).

If the sequencer memory is full, no additional data can be stored.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2016 @ 04:54 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

What are my options?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2016 @ 08:36 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 02 November 2016 04:54 PM

What are my options?

That depends on what your goal is.

If you just want space to work, save an “All” file (or “All Song” and/or “All Pattern” files) and then clear Songs and/or Patterns you don’t currently need.

If you want to keep as many Songs/Patterns as possible in sequencer memory, then you might look at the data as I previously suggested, and remove unnecessary events or at least thin the data.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Waveform management on Flash Boards
Next Topic:

Easy Sounds’ Live Organ & Organ Session ››