mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "connecting my kx8"

Posted on: October 28, 2016 @ 04:46 PM
88keyspro1
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-28-2016

Hello all,

I am new to Motifator and I am happy to see such support for our machines. I have several Motif’s and recently i bought a kx8 not knowing what it can do. I will be integrating it into my studio however I am an old school guy and am a bit of a midi dinosaur. i did a basic midi hookup to my es rack and I am not getting any signal. can this controller be used in a live application using my modules or do i need this hooked up to my computer and then access the modules from there. Thanks to all

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2016 @ 05:43 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

For MIDI, you can use either the 5-pin DIN or the USB connectors. The USB connection will require a computer or other USB host. The DIN type can be used directly, without a host.

There are certain setting that have to be correct in order for the KX’s MIDI output to function correctly with your Motifs. See MIDI Select, MIDI Transmit Ch, and Device Number on page 37 of the KX Owner’s Manual. If you don’t have the manual, it can be downloaded here:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?category_id1=16244&category_id2=16240&category;_id3=&product_id=763183

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2016 @ 06:25 PM
88keyspro1
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-28-2016

Ill give it a shot. I knew it was in the settings so time to get my head in the Manuel.

[ Ignore ]