mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Purcell has left the building"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 01:39 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Today the lady behind the desk may have overstepped her bounds. 

After both morning cups of coffee (which is usually enough to tolerate the crap), I pushed the “wrong” buttons a few times, and Purcell has been shown the door.

I will take full responsibility with the powers that be here at the office, but want to assure you that you do not need to fear the reaper so to speak. I do not take banning people lightly.  Mutual respect comes with speaking to each other as colleagues, not imbeciles.

It’s easy to be nice!

Cheers to a musical and productive rest of the week!

Rachel @ Keyfax

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 02:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
admin - 27 October 2016 01:39 PM

After both morning cups of coffee (which is usually enough to tolerate the crap), I pushed the “wrong” buttons a few times, and Purcell has been shown the door.

I will take full responsibility with the powers that be here at the office, but want to assure you that you do not need to fear the reaper so to speak. I do not take banning people lightly.  Mutual respect comes with speaking to each other as colleagues, not imbeciles.

I certainly hope that you suffer no grief due to your actions. I think the member in question was given every opportunity to behave decently, and posts that went over the line were tolerated for a time longer than most would.

admin -

It’s easy to be nice!

It’s easy to be nice to others who are similarly inclined, although I do find that tongue biting is sometimes required when responding to those who are less restrained.

admin -

Cheers to a musical and productive rest of the week!

Rachel @ Keyfax

Thanks, Rachel, and the same to you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 03:16 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Thanks to the poster above me and others, this site must be the top resource for any Motif related questions there is.

Your actions have now improved the information/noise ratio methinks, and many people with questions to ask about the MoXF will surely be grateful for that!

Thanks for keeping this site online!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 03:43 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Thank you. A lot. A real lot.

I’ve just found my write-in for the next President.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 10:42 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
admin - 27 October 2016 01:39 PM

Rachel, I think you’ve probably got the full support of the whole forum and every other forum in the universe on that one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 11:54 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hey look there’s Phil Wood. Nice to hear from you. It’s been too long.
Sorry, I’ve developed an aversion to exclamation marks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2016 @ 12:06 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

Hey Stone !!!

That’s ok mate, same here !!!

See this YOU TUBE TUTORIAL !!! instead, it’s better than your DIDACTIC approach at greeting me !!!??!??!!!

People generally think I’m bike parts anyway !!!!

Phil !!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2016 @ 02:26 AM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

This must be the bitchiest comment I’ve read in a long time!!! I love it!!! In a didactic way, of course. Sorry, used dot when I intended to use ‘!!!’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
yamahaforums
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-07-2005

That’s a shame. I have always found Purcell to be quite an interesting character. Sure he rubs some people up the wrong way, mainly I think because of his telegraphic style of writing and enduring criticism of the MOXF...hey but at least he did spend money on one :)

As far as I am aware though he has never been abusive to anyone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2016 @ 09:14 PM
MapleCarbine
Total Posts:  40
Joined  12-11-2015

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8994&p=51014#p51014

Here’s a copy of Saul’s post to purcell in type on his own site in case it gets deleted or edited:

“I don’t understand why you were banned. But having known how motifator.com works, which is essentially as a sales tool for Keyfax I would imagine your questioning of certain aspects of the MOXF was getting under their skin.

However here on Yamaha Forums UK you are more than welcome to post your thoughts, crticisms, expectations etc. As far as I am aware you have never been abusive to any member here..and probably not on motifator.com either.

We are all human. I get annoyed with people sometimes but that doesn’t mean I am going to ban them. Sometimes we have differences of opinion but that’s just life. I would hate to see a world where we all thought the same.”

------------------------------------------------

I can assure you that purcell had more than 9 lives here.

When he doesn’t like what someone says to him, he will start the same thing on YOUR site.  Also there’s no proof he owns a MOXF at all. He MAY own a MOX though, because he did the exact same criticism thing on the MOX for ages.

All of a sudden we have another thread concerning how Motifator works or how Keyfax does things and you pop up Saul?  Last time was during the discussion of the possibility of a Montage forum here.

You were smug then and this time you’re provocative, but as long as it’s not on your own doorstep huh?

Additionally, I’ve never seen zpink attack anyone, but I’ve seen purcell do a whole lot of wrong.

Yikes!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2016 @ 04:00 AM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

I would love to take the credit for bringing the noise level down here, but I’m far from the only one pointing out when Purcell’s rants have been (too)irrelevant and/or wrong.

I’m not surprised to learn about his moaning over on Yamahaforums, but I really couldn’t care less.

To keep this thread going here though, would just reintroduce some of that noise that finally is gone, as I see it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2016 @ 06:12 AM
yamahaforums
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-07-2005

I won’t say too much about any of that because I am sure you all don’t want to drag this out.

I’m happy to have Purcell on my forum and you are not happy to have him here. Leave it at that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2016 @ 06:12 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003
yamahaforums - 29 October 2016 08:44 PM

That’s a shame. I have always found Purcell to be quite an interesting character. Sure he rubs some people up the wrong way, mainly I think because of his telegraphic style of writing and enduring criticism of the MOXF...hey but at least he did spend money on one :)

Anyone who is willing to welcome a poster like that to their forum with open arms is quite entitled to ‘interestingness’ that comes as part of that deal.

I hope you’ve got someone over there to regularly hose down the walls.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2016 @ 07:39 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013
yamahaforums - 29 October 2016 08:44 PM

I’m sure you meant this in a really nice and friendly way, but you are way off the mark about purcell. 

Since none of his posts exist any more, we can’t really link you in to the kind of things that he got up to.  You’re right about him not being abusive, but he used just about every other tactic in the book.  If you are a forum admin, you’ll likely be well aware of the kinds of things that go on in today’s coffee enabled slag-fest of an internet.

I think suggesting that Keyfax were upset about purcell’s criticism of the MOXF as the reason which actually got him banned points you out as someone who hasn’t really read around this forum.

From what I know of Keyfax, he’d needed to have said something pretty bad as a final straw and I seriously doubt that it was because he just “asked the wrong questions”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2016 @ 06:51 PM
Grandad1946
Total Posts:  40
Joined  08-31-2014

I was surprised that the member in question bothered on this forum, he obviously owned the Yamaha MOXF keyboard but seemed to have nothing positive to say about this instrument. I wondered why he didn’t sell it and perhaps purchase a Korg or Roland and join the appropriate forum. When I first joined and read through the posts I came close to leaving because it felt negative because of his postings. Edited as not seen reference to comments made by admin of the other forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2016 @ 12:56 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Way to go, Rachel. Good riddance to Purcell.
He really is just a troll. Anyone who welcomes
him to their forum gets what they deserve.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Montage internal architecture
Next Topic:

"Sounds" interesting ››