mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Choir pads"

Posted on: October 26, 2016 @ 10:54 AM
kstenz
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-15-2008

I am trying to reduce reverb in a choir oooh pad to make it sound more intimate. Can someone help me? Are there any better choir voices I can purchase?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2016 @ 12:19 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
kstenz - 26 October 2016 10:54 AM

I am trying to reduce reverb in a choir oooh pad to make it sound more intimate. Can someone help me? Are there any better choir voices I can purchase?

In general I’m quite sure that you can find sounds/voices on the market that prevails presets. Presets can be also useful but there are not too many in the choir pad area so you can really feel some shortage here. But first, if you have flash memory module installed in your MOXF, try the Inspiration in the flash package that is free and contains number of choir pads as far as I remember. If you do not have such flash module consider to procure one. When buying patches always check if they contain new samples and if you need to have flash installed for using that package.

If you want to listen existing patches without effects (dry) try to simply switch off them on the panel (insertion, system, master). That trial may make you some ideas where to modify.
For quick guide for effects see Enhancing the sound with Effects chapter in owner’s manual. If any question remains after that feel free to post here :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2016 @ 12:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Whether reverb can be reduced depends on if it’s an effect or it’s part of the Waveform(s) being used.

Which Program(s) (Voices, etc.) are you playing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 01:13 PM
kstenz
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-15-2008

Thank you for the info. I did find better choir pads with the inspiration voices. Think I can tweak them for what I need. Thank you again!!!
Glad you folks are out there for us newbies!!!

[ Ignore ]