mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving Favorites List in Motif XF"

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 07:56 AM
music2345
Total Posts:  45
Joined  05-18-2016

Would someone please explain how to save a Favorites List of Voices to a USB or somewhere internal to the Motif. Somehow, when I was using Cubase and synching the VST Editor, my Voice Favorites list got deleted (no more checkmarks beside the Voice names). However, my Performance Favorites where still there. I don’t want this to happen again, so I want to save the list to another nonvolatile place.
thx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 09:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A Favorites List of Preset and User Voices is saved in an “All” file. A Favorites List of just User Voices is saved in an “All Voice” file. Reloading those files will restore those Favorites to the list.

The Motif XF Editor can also be used to save Favorites. It also has a function for receiving or sending all Preset Favorites.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 10:53 AM
music2345
Joined  05-18-2016

thx 5pin. But is there any reason why I lose the Favorites List that should be displayed on my Motif XF after I synch the Cubase AI8?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 12:50 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
music2345 - 23 October 2016 10:53 AM

thx 5pin.

You’re welcome.

music2345 -

But is there any reason why I lose the Favorites List that should be displayed on my Motif XF after I synch the Cubase AI8?

Which direction is the data flowing when you’re syncing? If from the XF to the computer, there shouldn’t be a problem. If from computer to XF (as typically done when working with a previous Cubase project), the Favorites List data has to be part of what’s being sent to the XF - if it’s not there, the syncing process can cause the list in the XF to be cleared.

EDIT: Although concerning a Rack XS and older Cubase version, this thread covers the issue:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/454143/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 01:42 PM
music2345
Joined  05-18-2016

Yup, that’s exactly what it is: from puter to XF...AND there was no Favorites data to resend back to XF! I’ll be making the changes and I’m sure it’ll work now. I’m glad you don’t charge a fee 5pin, as I know I’d be broke by now!  THX

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2016 @ 05:12 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
music2345 - 23 October 2016 01:42 PM

[...]I’m glad you don’t charge a fee 5pin, as I know I’d be broke by now!

What...? I’m not getting paid?  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Waveform Full.....
Next Topic:

Motif XF Fully Loaded by Dave Polich - Thank you! ››