mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Waveform Full….."

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 06:42 PM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I have recently moved from XS8 to XF8 and still struggling with the new operating system.

I have two flash boards installed. I have some samples loaded...about 1/2 of one flash board used.

I work with several bands...and I have an “All File with No Sample” for each band.
I just tried to load one and got an error saying “Waveform Full”....

I need help please....in my attempt to learn the operating I am almost certain I have screwed it up....almost certain I have duplicates…

Can someone please show me how to clean up my system.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 11:01 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
alanb - 21 October 2016 06:42 PM

I have recently moved from XS8 to XF8 and still struggling with the new operating system.

I have two flash boards installed. I have some samples loaded...about 1/2 of one flash board used.

I work with several bands...and I have an “All File with No Sample” for each band.
I just tried to load one and got an error saying “Waveform Full”....

I need help please....in my attempt to learn the operating I am almost certain I have screwed it up....almost certain I have duplicates…

Can someone please show me how to clean up my system.....

Yes, it sounds as though you have been installing and re-installing Waveforms and/or Sample Data...easy to do.

From This Document:

If “FL1 without sample” or “FL2 without sample” is selected, the Waveform data is saved without the Samples. This option allows you to store the contents of the SDRAM independently from the contents of the Flash Memory.

Files that are saved with the option “without sample” are automatically given a reference to identify their save-option:

• .n1 = FL1 without sample
• .n2 = FL2 without sample
• .n3 = FL1 + FL2 without sample

At the bottom right of the display you can select the target memory block (USR, FL1, and FL2) for each memory block (USR, FL1 and FL2) contained in a file before loading it. If “USR” is selected, the data of the corresponding memory blocks are loaded into the SDRAM. If “FL1” or “FL2” are selected, the data will be loaded into the Flash Memory 1 or 2. If “FL1 without sample” or “FL2 without sample” is selected, the corresponding User Waveforms will be loaded into the respective Flash Memory without their Samples.

Additionally, you will find a LOAD OPTION for the FL1 and FL2 boards that is “NONE” – this is highly useful when you simply want to reload Voices back to their internal locations but you do not wish to load neither the Waveforms nor the Samples....[Underlines are mine]

You should probably study the document in its entirety to get more context.

You can see from the excerpt that LOADING “without sample” will still LOAD the Waveforms to the Flash Board...again, each time you LOAD in that manner...ultimately leading to the “Waveform Full” error.

Once you have all of your Sample Data LOADED to the Flash Module (one time), you should be LOADING your ALL Files into the machine using the NONE option.

If you only have “some” Sample Data, perhaps at this point it would be simpler to just clear the Flash Modules and re-LOAD the data...once.

Additionally, you can find an in-depth discussion of duplicate Waveforms Here.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Splits to different midi channels
Next Topic:

Saving Favorites List in Motif XF ››