mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Random note velocity spike problem"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 03, 2016 @ 08:21 AM
johnnyg88
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-29-2016

Very good point 5pinDIN.
I am still awaiting an answer on what caused my first MOXF6 to produce the random spikes and will share the answer as soon as I hear.
Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2016 @ 08:37 AM
Drjocco
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-05-2016

I had a similar issue some weeks back and the culprit was the adapter. The adapter was supplying unsteady voltage to the MOXF. So either use a multimeter to test the adapter or try it with another adapter with same rating.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 04:23 PM
AudioCat
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-08-2017

I’ve owned an MOX8 for a few years without issue.  Purchased an MOXF6 this April and have had the note spike problem on a recurring basis.  But with mine it seems to be a separate random noise spike, and not a note I was playing at the time.  I use the board for piano practice, and the noise spike will typically occur once or twice each session.  I don’t travel with the board so corrosion is very unlikely.  I purchased a new Yamaha PA-150 power adapter to see if that would help.  So far it seems the frequency may be a little less, but I’m still getting the spikes with the new adapter.  Very frustrating.  I’m considering returning the board under warranty.

Also verified that the board has the latest operating system, v1.12

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2