mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Focusrite as Audio Interface controlled by YAMAHA MOXF8 through midi"

Posted on: October 10, 2016 @ 04:27 PM
omarz88
Total Posts:  33
Joined  03-11-2012

I bought a focusrite clarett pre 8 (thunderbolt) for audio interface, my goal is so that i can use this in conjunction with my yamaha moxf8, using the MOXF8 as the controller for virtual instruments through logic or MainStage.

I am using Keyscape new library as instruments. The issue i’ve been running into is latency one, and not being able to control the volume of the keyboard from the clarett since the yamaha doesn’t feed midi information as such in order for me to control it.

It instead passes audio through the focusrite only leaving me to control it through the main volume knob. I would like to assign the keyboard to a channel i.e 2,3 inputs on the back of my clarett. So that i can control the volume coming from it being fed through the focusrite.

I’ve reached out to focusrite already and they advised i should check the keyboard for options since the keyboard might have a setting that allows me to feed through midi which would allow me to control the volume. I have tried using USB however there is considerable latency even with changing the buffer size. I haven’t found an option where i can control the volume using midi through either MainStage or logic. I am updated on both softwares and running MacOS Sierra.

BTW my computer is a Macbook Pro 2013 i7 quad core, 16GB ram, 1TB ssd, 15 inch, dedicated graphic. That said i don’t think my computer is bottle necking, I am connected using thunderbolt from the clarett, and used both usb and midi from the keyboard.

Am i missing something how can i control the volume from the audio interface using the MOX or assign the MOX to channels so i can control the volume using midi.

Additionally when ever i get this resolved, i would like to know whats the best way to connect my set up that is, Yamaha MOXF, Focusrite Clarett pre8, my Mackie mixer, to powered speakers for live performance.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2016 @ 01:46 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You cannot control the volume level of the audio interface itself. But that’s OK, because what you really want to do is control the volume of the plugin instruments instead.

The MOXF Remote Mode has a template for Logic. With this you can control track volume levels using the MOXF knobs. This is for Logic only, it cannot be used with Mainstage.

[ Ignore ]