mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Change battery in my motif"

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 12:31 PM
johpat
Total Posts:  61
Joined  10-08-2003

I have severel time’s change the battery of my motif, i have change the even type battery.
It works but short after that, its sign “change internal battery”.
I have work without change it. But why its signs each time.

Sorry for my bad English😄

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 07:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What battery type/number are you using?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2016 @ 01:46 AM
johpat
Joined  10-08-2003

Hello 5PinDin,

I had change the same type what was inside.
I use a lithium Battery CR2450.i guess
But for sure i shall open it soon ( about 50 screws😄)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2016 @ 07:36 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

CR2450 is the correct type. A new, fresh one should last several years under normal circumstances. Maybe the message is displayed too soon. When “Change internal battery” is shown, do you know what the battery voltage is?

If you don’t change the battery, are you losing SRAM data? You could see how long it would work - but back up your data often.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2017 @ 06:35 PM
johpat
Joined  10-08-2003

Hello 5pindin,

Why my motif still sign “ change internal battery” i have put in a new Lithium cr2450 battery. Also i have set factory set. But it still sign “ change internal barttery”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2017 @ 08:10 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You didn’t answer my previous questions:

If you don’t change the battery, are you losing SRAM data?

When “Change internal battery” is shown, do you know what the battery voltage is?

You could download the Service Manual (https://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_motif6_motif7_motif8.pdf/download.html), and run the T01 Test Program with the battery that’s in the Motif. Record the resulting voltage reading. Then replace the battery with a new one, run the test again, and record the voltage.

That information might help diagnose the reason for the message you’re seeing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2017 @ 07:32 AM
johpat
Joined  10-08-2003

Hallo 5pinDIN,

I think i’ve got the problem. I have run the Test. The voltage of my battery is to low. It is 2.7v.
So i must buy a battery over 3,5v?!

Thank you for the link 5pinDIN

Regards
Johnny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2017 @ 09:04 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
johpat - 12 February 2017 07:32 AM

I think i’ve got the problem. I have run the Test. The voltage of my battery is to low. It is 2.7v.

Even at 2.7 volts the Motif’s memory should still be retained for a while longer, but the battery is getting weak. The message is a warning, so that the battery is replaced before your User data is lost.

johpat -

So i must buy a battery over 3,5v?!

A CR2450 has a “nominal” voltage of 3.0 volts, but a new/fresh one can measure as high as about 3.4 volts when little current is drawn from it. I suggest that you get a new CR2450 - try to obtain one with a recent date code, or expiration date several years from now. If you have or can borrow a DC voltmeter, measure the voltage before installing the battery in the Motif. It should be close to 3.2-3.3 volts - if not, it’s not fresh.

See http://www.renata.com/fileadmin/downloads/designersguide/DesignersGuide-2011_FAQ.pdf

When you have a fresh CR2450, replace the Motif’s battery and run the T01 test again - it should indicate about 3.2 volts. (If not, post again.) If OK, make note of the date you installed the new battery, and see how long it lasts before “Change internal battery” is displayed again.

johpat -

Thank you for the link 5pinDIN

You’re welcome. Good luck.

[ Ignore ]