mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DCP Vintage keys loading"

Posted on: September 18, 2016 @ 11:23 AM
cecchino
Total Posts:  12
Joined  09-08-2016

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. Not really new to the Yamaha world, but my previous experiences date back in the 80s when I got a DX7II and a FB-01 (the latter is still here at home with me).
I got a MOXF8 this week and immediately went to buy the VK package here at Motifator (some years ago I could try a MO6 keyboard for a couple of weeks, the pack was installed and I was really impressed) and a couple of other sound packs on another site.
The problem is, in the VK instructions manual it is explicitly written “Make sure that below the word “All” in the display, the “With System” box is checked (enabled)...”
This way, the MOXF8 loads all the user area, overwriting the sounds in usr1 and usr2 banks I previously filled with voices from the other packages.
I know I could use “1bank voice” mode instead, but I wonder what do I miss if I do not load the system data as written in the manual.
Some help?
Thanks in advance!
C.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2016 @ 11:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

You might find this helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477647/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2016 @ 11:41 AM
cecchino
Total Posts:  12
Joined  09-08-2016
5pinDIN - 18 September 2016 11:33 AM

Welcome to the forum.

You might find this helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477647/

Thanks for your quick answer.
I already found that thread… so you mean loading the 1bank voice and then the ARP form the arp separated file will give me everything I need? No global setting missed? OK, I will try ;)
Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2016 @ 12:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

In general I don’t suggest loading System settings, since they may not agree with those you’ve set for yourself. An exception is when there might be custom Mix Templates.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with meaning of some info in the Data List manual (MOXF8)
Next Topic:

Sax Settings ››