mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arp note limit"

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 02:38 PM
Tonymarygoss
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-14-2013

I’m trying to work in a Performance using a bass arp that I really like. However, the only notes that will sound are within one octave - E to D. Playing above that, the note sounds down an octave. Playing below that, the note sounds up an octave.
I need to be able to make the bass play the D just below where a bass guitar normally plays in order for the bass line to flow well. I know this is possible because when I play the bass voice in voice mode, it sounds all across the keyboard.
Also, if it somehow comes into play, I’ve noticed that when I turn off the arp, the voice doesn’t sound at all.
I looked through what the reference manual said about note limits, but it didn’t seem to address this issue. I’m not sure where I need to be tackling it - voice, arp, performance, other?
Do I have to edit the actual arp that it is using? If so, how do I get into that?
Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 03:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

This support article should help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 05:15 PM
Tonymarygoss
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-14-2013

Thank you for the great info.
What this seems to indicate is arps can only be edited within voice mode.
Also, there are Control arps that don’t seem to be editable in this way. If I set the key mode to sort or thru, it plays only within that octave.
If I set key mode to direct, the voice plays normally, any note, but the arp pattern doesn’t play at all.
Sort + direct, and thru + direct, I get both happening at the same time. The arp plays like it normally does, and any note being played sounds, as if I have two basses going at once.
So what it appears is if I am to use the arp style, my only option is to recreate the arp(s) from scratch in a non-control arp.
Is there some way to copy the arp pattern into a newly created arp or is it better to just start completely from scratch?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 08:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Even with thousands of Preset Arps, it’s sometimes simpler to create your own track in Song or Pattern mode, and then use the Put Track to Arpeggio Job. You could certainly start by recording the Arp notes into a sequencer track, easily done with Direct Performance Record.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 10:46 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I agree with 5Pins comment about creating your own.  Using the “put track to arpeggi”, I constructed several hundred Arps. I used pattern and midi loops that I purchased.  Once I started, it was a relatively quick process.

[ Ignore ]