mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "512mb flashboard"

Posted on: August 24, 2016 @ 07:49 PM
chr
Total Posts:  19
Joined  09-17-2013

I have ordered a 512 mb Yamaha flashboard. My purpose in this is for more-{better}-pianos than those that came with the MOXF8. At this time, I don’t do much tweaking and just look for sounds that will inspire me. I play a jazz gig with a bass player. I have read that the CP-1 pianos are great, and I would like to try them. I need some guidance with installing the ram card, where I can get the pianos, and how to install them. I know, being kind of lazy here, but if you know the links that could help me with this, I would appreciate it. Thanks for this forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2016 @ 02:30 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Hi chr, google is ready to serve even lazy people :-) You’ll find installation instruction attached to the product. Note that it is not a ram card it is a flash memory module, a subcategory of electrically rewritable read only memory. You will learn that it should be handled quite a specific way and you should understand the voice-waveform-sample architecture to use it really effectively.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2016 @ 01:14 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

CP1 Piano for XF and MOXF:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/60662

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2016 @ 07:19 PM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

Thank you so much for the info and link!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2016 @ 07:30 PM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

I am starting to wonder if the flashboard I purchased is too small. Again like another poster, I am on a budget and primarily interested in pianos. If I need to go to a larger board for the CP-1 collection, please let me know.
Here is also a link to a video I produced primarily with an ES rack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ2nZVdB9gM

Loved the ES, but sold it shortly after the project, and venture into a jazz gig.Miss the pianos on it.
Again, thanks for all your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2016 @ 09:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chr - 25 August 2016 07:30 PM

I am starting to wonder if the flashboard I purchased is too small.[...]

The CP1 samples require only about 1/4 of the available space on a 512 MB flash module, if you load the entire file. You might even be able to cut that in about half - see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475792/

Of course, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a larger space for samples. A 1 GB (1024 MB) Mutec module is available from Motifator:
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/memory/1gb-mutec-flash.html

chr -

Again, thanks for all your help.

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 09:09 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

I am starting to wonder if the flashboard I purchased is too small.

Not today but probably, yes. Moxf has only one slot for flash board, I wouldn’t get smaller than 1G.  I bought the Mutec 2G but price goes up on that.  The 1G is more affordable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 09:51 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
motidave - 26 August 2016 09:09 AM

I am starting to wonder if the flashboard I purchased is too small.

Not today but probably, yes. Moxf has only one slot for flash board, I wouldn’t get smaller than 1G.  I bought the Mutec 2G but price goes up on that.  The 1G is more affordable.

I was lucky enough to get a second hand 2 GB module for the price less than the street price of a 1G module and I’m happy with it.
I think that 512 is enough when you’ve already collected your favourites but in the meantime it will be cumbersome a bit to install new packages to test and then consolidate old and new voices you found worth to preserve. Bigger memory you have more comfortable patch collection process will be.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 09:29 PM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

Ok. I am going to send back the 512 and buy the Mutec 1 gig and support the forum. I did not check out the products here at first, as I was primarily looking for help with the XF. Can’t thank you all enough. As I am changing up gear, I also picked up a mint Alesis Fusion 6hd to look for some inspiration. I will keep it on the back burner till I have the XF where I am happy. During my last project I became a fan of the motif. Though I used other gear, I always felt I could have done the whole project with it if I dug a little deeper. Again, thanks to you all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2016 @ 08:57 PM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

Financial stuff prevailed and I have to stick with the small card for now. All good. Formatted it and I am ready to load the CP-1 pianos. Do I use my notebook to do this? What do I need to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 06:54 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chr - 29 August 2016 08:57 PM

Financial stuff prevailed and I have to stick with the small card for now. All good. Formatted it and I am ready to load the CP-1 pianos. Do I use my notebook to do this? What do I need to do.

Unzip the file. Read “readme.pdf”. Be sure to save a current “all” file. Decide whether you want to load the CP1 library in entirety or otherwise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 10:22 AM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised with MOXFLASH when I powered up the keyboard. Then to find other new sounds were a real treat, like the S6 grand. Immediately inspired. I need to learn the architecture, because after I went back to some presets, I couldn’t find my way back to the new flash board sounds. So, I turned it off, and then back on and there they were again. Now I see again why I need to budget for the larger card. These sounds are probably just the tip of the iceberg. Again, many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2016 @ 10:55 AM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

What a great instrument, and much to learn. I don’t know how a nice piano/string layer wound up in MOXF FlASH location after mounting the flashboard ( this changed again after I loaded in the CP-1 pianos), and I never explored the Master Assign list, or I’d have discovered the S6 piano.
I have a gig this Friday, and would like to assign some of these pianos to be available at the push of a button. Is the best way to organize them by saving them to a few user locations in sequence within a bank, and access them by choosing that user bank, and then the 1-16 buttons? Again, and again thanks for your help and patience as I continue to learn.
My approach to manuals makes me think about when I bought the Harley. I know the mechanics, and the dealer wanted to take me through a hundred pages of info about the stereo. “Skip it man, I just want to ride”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2016 @ 12:41 PM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

Wow Purcell. That is pile of info. Thank you very much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2016 @ 10:56 AM
chr
Joined  09-17-2013

hahahaha. You got me laughing with that post. Such encouragement, i mean that. All smiles, and will have at these resources. You are one amazing guru Purcell. I am blown away by your support with in the forum. I picked up the pedal, and dig it. Trying out the new CP pianos with mixed feelings. CF lite for some Guaraldi, yet the S6 (which I just recently ‘discovered’) for Brubeck. Still like the grand that came with the unit. Learned the hard way to back up the few performances that I had created for a show last year, but no problem. Shows over, and now I know. You want it later,back it up on a stick.
Was trying to adjust the balance of the ‘piano string’ factory preset layer ( to decrease the string volume)and put it in a user slot this morning before my day gig, but couldn’t find a choice when hitting ‘edit.’ I am sure it is in the incredible offering of info that you have supplied.
Also wrestling a bit (not just with the KC550) with liking a lighter cabinet for the jazz duo. I picked up a QSC K8 and an amp stand. Bass player loves it. Says ‘man you should hear it out front’. Still trying to love it myself, thinking maybe I should have gone for the 12”, but then things get big again. He didn’t care much for the 15 in the Roland, and I always had mixed feelings about that cabinet as well. Things like a rock with a handle on it.
Just trying to find the right combination of elements, so we can just PLAY!
Thanks again purcell!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF song mutes/solos don’t carry over to Cubase
Next Topic:

MOXF rhodes ››