mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI data errors with Midi Solutions thru box"

Posted on: August 08, 2016 @ 09:49 AM
Normhart
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-22-2007

Hi,

I have a Motif ES6 and an MX49 hooked up to a Yamaha P95 via a Midi Solutions 1x2 thru box with the P95 as the master keyboard. After a couple of problem-free years, I’m now getting midi data errors on both the ES and MX. Can thru boxes go ‘bad’ ? Even after resetting all the devices, I continue to get the errors, the most serious being my ES hanging at the ‘YAMAHA’ opening screen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Norm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2016 @ 01:09 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

I’m no expert, but I do own three Midi Solutions products, and have never had any problem with them.

I’m curious if you’ve tried removing the MS box from the equation to see if the problem still occurs.

If the problem goes away, it’s conceivable that the MS box is defective. If so, I would strongly urge you to contact Midi Solutions Tech Support directly. Every time I contact them, they offer fantastic support (might be a Canada thing).

Best of Luck!
Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2016 @ 05:09 PM
Normhart
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-22-2007

Thanks for your reply, Tony. Yes, I’ve tested everything on their own direct connections and the problems only occur when the box is used. One of the first things I did was contact Midi Solutions via their email support but have not yet heard from them. There is one detail I just discovered however and that’s that the P95 digital piano I’m using in the input is not supported as being able to supply the necessary power to the box ( although this has never been an issue as the LED lights up). The light is not a solid steady one, though and flickers somewhat. I recall reading on their site that a power supply is available when needed.

Norm

>>Update

I found just recently that it appears that one of the two thru ports seem to be working. The other is definitely bad. I am currently using my Motif (the only one with a thru port) in place of the box and that is working fine and satisfying my requirements which is basically to play both Motif and MX from the P95 keyboard. I don’t really need any more control than that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES8 action vs other options
Next Topic:

ram on motif es ››