mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t connect my MOXF6 to GarageBand on iPad 2"

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 06:41 PM
mardarwil
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-11-2014

I connected my iPad 2 via the USB camera connector, to the USB to host port on my MOXF6 and got an error message on my iPad saying, “MOXF6/MOXF8 not supported.” so, it recognized the keyboard.

I went on YouTube and saw a video showing how to connect iPad to the Yamaha Motif XS8 where you had to go into Utilties and set the MIDI In/Out Interface to USB.  I went into Utilities on my MOXF and was completely confused because the functions layout is totally different.

The error message has to be because I don’t know how to set the right configuration.  Can anybody help me do this, or is the MOXF really not supported?  Please don’t let it be the latter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2016 @ 04:44 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

mardarwil - 20 July 2016 06:41 PM

I connected my iPad 2 via the USB camera connector, to the USB to host port on my MOXF6 and got an error message on my iPad saying, “MOXF6/MOXF8 not supported.” so, it recognized the keyboard.

I went on YouTube and saw a video showing how to connect iPad to the Yamaha Motif XS8 where you had to go into Utilties and set the MIDI In/Out Interface to USB.  I went into Utilities on my MOXF and was completely confused because the functions layout is totally different.

The error message has to be because I don’t know how to set the right configuration.  Can anybody help me do this, or is the MOXF really not supported?  Please don’t let it be the latter.

You probably have not upgraded firmware on your MOXF. I had iPad 2 and connection works fine after upgrade. Now I’m using iPad Air 2 and everything works nice as expected.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2017 @ 07:30 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

As I said, you probably didn’t update MOXF firmware to the latest one (v1.12).
Message “Device not supported” still does not mean that you could not use it. Start some application that support MIDI/audio and you will see.
I’m not sure for audio connection, but I have tried MIDI connection in Cubasis with pretty old Yamaha MU2000EX tone generator.
When I plug USB cable from MU to camera connection kit on iPad, I have also received “not supported” message on iPad and “host not connected” on MU display. But since I have started Cubasis, error message from MU display disappears and I could see in Cubasis settings that MU is recognized as USB-MIDI device. Moreover, everything works fine!
I could even trigger voices on plug-in boards mounted in MU!

Alex

[ Ignore ]