mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DCP Productions Vintage Keys"

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 03:10 PM
moxfman
Total Posts:  80
Joined  03-13-2016

One thing I’ve noticed with the Pink Floyd 1 voice in the Vintage Keys library.....the ARP ON/OFF button is set to ON by default upon voice selection but the MOXF8 I’m using produces no sound for this voice.

Am I doing something wrong? 

If I switch the ARP button to OFF it produces a sound when keys are pressed but not one that resembles the “On The Run” sequenced bass line as described in the user manual!

I loaded the .X6A file.

Have I missed something???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 09:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What you may have missed is that the Vintage Keys library includes just one User Arp, and it’s for the H14 Voice. It should have loaded with the .X6A file.

Try loading the Vintage Keys file again, and before doing anything else, check the Voice in question. Let us know what happens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2016 @ 04:13 PM
moxfman
Joined  03-13-2016

OK, so I think I must have loaded the voice bank and not the “ALL” file, because when I looked again and compared with the loading instructions the VK sounds were in USR1.

By default for the MOXF version of this library, the voices load to USR3 when loading the .X6A file. I re-loaded, this time making sure I did indeed perform a load “ALL” and hey presto, H14 Pink Floyd 1 sounds just like it should.

Presumably if I only want to load some of the sounds from the VK library, but still want to make use of the arp I just load in the voices I want and load the arp .X4G file separately?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2016 @ 09:39 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
moxfman - 24 July 2016 04:13 PM

[...] Presumably if I only want to load some of the sounds from the VK library, but still want to make use of the arp I just load in the voices I want and load the arp .X4G file separately?

Yes, you can load individual Voices or a bank, and then load the Arp file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2016 @ 09:39 AM
moxfman
Joined  03-13-2016

Looking at the files again I can now see exactly what I did the first time round. I loaded a VOICE file I created from the VK library using the Melas tools, not a voice bank from an ALL file.

Am I right in thinking that if I load an individual voice (that has an arp) from an ALL file the arp will also load? So same end result as loading the entire ALL file?

Obviously if you create a VOICE file, like I did using the Melas tools the arp doesn’t go with it as I’ve proved with the first time I tried to load the VK library using this method.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2016 @ 11:02 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
moxfman - 01 August 2016 09:39 AM

[...] Am I right in thinking that if I load an individual voice (that has an arp) from an ALL file the arp will also load? So same end result as loading the entire ALL file? [...]

No - Arps load with either an “All” file loaded in entirety or an “All Arp” file. If you load an individual Voice, you have to load the Arp separately.

Loading Arps overwrites others in memory. If that causes a problem, this might help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477217/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2016 @ 07:23 PM
moxfman
Joined  03-13-2016
5pinDIN - 01 August 2016 11:02 AM
moxfman - 01 August 2016 09:39 AM

[...] Am I right in thinking that if I load an individual voice (that has an arp) from an ALL file the arp will also load? So same end result as loading the entire ALL file? [...]

No - Arps load with either an “All” file loaded in entirety or an “All Arp” file. If you load an individual Voice, you have to load the Arp separately.

Loading Arps overwrites others in memory. If that causes a problem, this might help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477217/

Thanks again 5pinDIN! I think I’ve got my head round this now...but then again..!!

The only library I’ve purchased that has an Arp in the .X3A or .X6A file is Vintage keys so presumably none of the other voices on the sound libraries have arps in them because otherwise I’d have to load ALL every time, correct???

[Edit] It occurred to me just after I posted the above comment that the Easy Sounds Live Organ library has 244 user arpeggios! Not that I am likely to use them and I’d need to check the .X6A but the readme file mentions nothing about separate arps to load…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2016 @ 08:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
moxfman - 01 August 2016 07:23 PM

Thanks again 5pinDIN! I think I’ve got my head round this now...but then again..!!

The only library I’ve purchased that has an Arp in the .X3A or .X6A file is Vintage keys so presumably none of the other voices on the sound libraries have arps in them because otherwise I’d have to load ALL every time, correct???

[Edit] It occurred to me just after I posted the above comment that the Easy Sounds Live Organ library has 244 user arpeggios! Not that I am likely to use them and I’d need to check the .X6A but the readme file mentions nothing about separate arps to load…

The Vintage Keys library has a separate Arp file, but that’s not a common practice. However, you can create your own “All Arp” (.X6G) file, after loading an “All” file containing User Arps. Once that’s done, you have more flexibility.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2016 @ 04:40 PM
moxfman
Joined  03-13-2016
5pinDIN - 01 August 2016 08:20 PM

The Vintage Keys library has a separate Arp file, but that’s not a common practice. However, you can create your own “All Arp” (.X6G) file, after loading an “All” file containing User Arps. Once that’s done, you have more flexibility.

That’s exactly what I will do going forward.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No USB audio
Next Topic:

Can’t connect my MOXF6 to GarageBand on iPad 2 ››