mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF 6 & Cubase 8.5.20"

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 10:27 PM
ppsayl
Total Posts:  22
Joined  05-02-2011

Since I’ve re-installed Cubase to obtain the .20 update for version 8.5 (I never do in-place installs, it always messes things up), I can no longer send MIDI to my VSTs (although Cubase indicates it is receiving SOME kind of signal). Without getting into ALL the different configuration changes I attempted, perhaps it would be best just to tell you what my current config looks like…

BTW: The MOXF6 is the only MIDI device connected to my computer.

Please see attachments.

(1)
In attachment A (MIDI port setup), you can see I have the INPUT ports MOXF6/MOXF8-1 & MOXF6/MOXF8-2 set to “visible” and “In ALL MIDI” turned on. The other MIDI input ports I have the visibility turned off and the IN ALL MIDI turned off.

(2)In attachment B- USB ASIO setup - In the VST Audio System->Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO settings, I have the INPUT MOXF6/MOXF8-1 & MOXF6/MOXF8-2 ports and the OUTPUT MOXF6/MOXF8-1 & MOXF6/MOXF8-2 set to “VISIBLE”.

(3) In attachments C - VST Connections, both the input and output busses are assigned accordingly. Note: Studio is not turned on.

And lastly, MIDI Thru is enabled in Preferences.

For my MOXF:

Local Control is turned OFF and volume turned up.

If anyone can assist, please let me know. It’s probably something VERY small that I’ve overlooked, but this is driving me crazy. I never had this kind of problem with my Motif 7 when I had it working with Cubase 7.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

File Attachments
Cubase 8.5.20 Screen Prints.docx  (File Size: 279KB - Downloads: 509)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DX Manager from FM-Alive
Next Topic:

Should I Buy an FW16e for my Yamaha Motif Rack XS? ››