mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha FW Driver Dropping."

Posted on: June 30, 2016 @ 10:45 AM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  02-10-2004

I have attached a screenshot of what frequently occurs when I am trying to work through the difficulties of this FW16e matter.  My synth, and computer are always powered on in the required manner, so that can’t be the issue. 

Was wondering if anyone else might have been faced with similar happenings.  If so, what was your remedial effort applied?

Image Attachments
Yamaha Driver Drop.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2016 @ 12:09 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

How long and how often has this been happening?

Did you ever have the FW16e working properly?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2016 @ 12:58 PM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  02-10-2004
meatballfulton - 01 July 2016 12:09 AM

How long and how often has this been happening?

Did you ever have the FW16e working properly?

This has been going on ever since my synth’s attempted integration with my laptop (the better part of nearly two years, now).  My laptop is a Sony Vaio i7 64bit machine, running Windows 10. 

I would like to add that the dropouts aren’t always as strong as they, most times, are.  I have also experienced moments where I’ve heard the audible disconnection/reconnection alert and, after checking, would find that the Yamaha FW driver WAS the active one.  But anytime I recieve just the one audible (signaling disconnection), there is the surfacing notice (as was earlier attached) of driver drop, and my only recourse (sometimes) would be to power down my laptop, and power it back up again.

As far as your second question is concerned, the answer is no - I have NEVER had the FW16e working properly.

[ Ignore ]