mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "soundcard and ipad multi mode"

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 08:22 AM
dokido
Total Posts:  23
Joined  08-04-2010

does motif rack xs not function as a soundcard for my laptop as moxf does? I succesfully installed the drivers but it does not appear in the sound control. I am using pc win 7.

and the next question i suppose already is answerd but i put it here anyway. is there no way to controll multimode with an ipad. the apps that controll multimode just works for motif xs not the motif xs rack i suppose. its sad cause the rack really should needed this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 09:19 AM
dokido
Joined  08-04-2010

hm, does it only work with cubase? not live?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 05:00 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

dokido - 21 June 2016 08:22 AM

does motif rack xs not function as a soundcard for my laptop as moxf does? I succesfully installed the drivers but it does not appear in the sound control. I am using pc win 7.

and the next question i suppose already is answerd but i put it here anyway. is there no way to controll multimode with an ipad. the apps that controll multimode just works for motif xs not the motif xs rack i suppose. its sad cause the rack really should needed this.

Motif Rack XS could function as a sound card for your computer ONLY when you have installed FireWire interface mLAN16E2 or preferably FW16. In that case, after installing proper Yamaha Steinberg ASIO driver you got both audio and MIDI interface over single FireWire cable.
It is similar like MOXF, but in MOXF you have already installed audio interface over USB cable. The concept is the same, but with FW16 in Rack XS you have 8 stereo outputs and 4 stereo inputs, while in MOXF you have 2 stereo outputs and only one stereo input.

Answer on your second question is yes. You don’t need Cubase to have audio in/out from your Rack XS.
When you have installed Yamaha Steinberg driver and select it in control panel as a main audio interface,
than you could play MP3 music using Windows media player or similar on your laptop and hear it through Rack XS.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 10:02 AM
dokido
Joined  08-04-2010

thanks
yeah i got it with the lan option

but
is there no way to controll the multi part on my ipad? with the mobile sequenser app i can give each part on the multi different sounds but not on the performance app, its just working with motif xs. i mean, its on the rack you really need to been able to controll each part. is it too old?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 01:22 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

dokido - 26 June 2016 10:02 AM

thanks
yeah i got it with the lan option

but
is there no way to controll the multi part on my ipad? with the mobile sequenser app i can give each part on the multi different sounds but not on the performance app, its just working with motif xs. i mean, its on the rack you really need to been able to controll each part. is it too old?

You could control multi using MultiEdit app. It works with Rack XS multis. Contrary, PerformanceEdit works only with keyboards, since they have performance mode. In Rack XS you could enter similar mode by activating Layer 1-4 option to ON.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 03:00 PM
dokido
Joined  08-04-2010

thanks

yes sorry i did not explain so well
i need controll over the arpeggiators and there is no Control in multiedit app so it will not help me

so is it because xs rack does not have performance mode you can not controll the arps?

so if its need a daw it perhaps could connect to cubasis

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mapping voicechange on midiboard
Next Topic:

Finding MediaBay ››