mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "yamaha montage 110-220 volts automatic or nоt"

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 11:25 AM
tulin
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-18-2012

an urgent question 110-220 volts automatic or nоt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 12:04 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010
tulin - 04 May 2016 11:25 AM

an urgent question 110-220 volts automatic or nоt

I read on Yamahasynth that Yamaha does not state this spec. on the unit but the XF had (or was discovered to have)switching capability. Probably a liability loophole so they play it safe. Montage probably does have this feature even if Yamaha does not report that it does. I’ve accidentally plugged in several Yamaha units I repair with 220v into a 110v with no issue noticed. However, probably not the same as a 110v into a 220v. Inverters/converters and even regulators and UPS battery back-ups are cheap so when in doubt, use it. It’s not worth assuming that your not going to encounter a power supply issue of some sort.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 12:21 PM
tulin
Joined  10-18-2012

Yamaha why this makes secret

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 02:55 PM
kt_over_q
Total Posts:  27
Joined  07-07-2011

Grey market sales have always been a hot item, with Yamaha. That may be one reason they are tight lipped about the primary mains voltages on units.

Back in the day of the DX7, hundreds if not thousands of units were transhipped from out of market dealers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2017 @ 07:16 PM
TheShineNZ
Total Posts:  116
Joined  08-07-2005

Yamaha do this to stop people importing the units overseas, meaning they can get it cheaper than buying one in their country, stupid really considering no other company does it. All I want to know is does the Montage have the same internal power supply as the Motif XF, if it does then even though it says 110V in will work on 220V. Anyone tried it yet?

Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2017 @ 11:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
TheShineNZ - 13 January 2017 07:16 PM

Yamaha do this to stop people importing the units overseas, meaning they can get it cheaper than buying one in their country, stupid really considering no other company does it. All I want to know is does the Montage have the same internal power supply as the Motif XF, if it does then even though it says 110V in will work on 220V. Anyone tried it yet?

Scott

You might already be familiar with this:
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/110-220-volts-automatic-or-nоt

Not that I think Yamaha needs to be defended, but there’s more than one reason for a manufacturer to label a product for a specific AC line voltage. The above link includes a reference to a Motifator thread (http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464486/), in which I mentioned compliance with ratings agencies. In that thread I also posted my findings about the power supplies in my own XS6 and XF6, which appeared to verify what a Yamaha FAQ stated about the US-market XFs.

While it makes sense to have a universal power supply for all markets, there’s no guarantee that has been done with the Montage. Unless someone posts additional information, I’d suggest that you directly contact Yamaha Support and ask them. They’re more likely to be candid when responding to an individual than in a forum setting. Alternatively, someone could open a Montage and make the same sort of determination as I did with the XS and XF.

I just found this:
https://yamahasynth.com/forum/montage-is-multivoltage

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2017 @ 11:15 AM
tulin
Joined  10-18-2012

I bought a Yamaha Montage
in America is 110 volts in Europe to connect 220 everything works fine

[ Ignore ]