mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wireless LAN connection to iOS apps"

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 10:07 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Hi,

I’ve tried to find is it possible to connect wirelessly MOXF to Yamaha app Audio Recorder.
I know that Motif XF have possibility to connect via wireless to USB adapter, but I’m not sure that
MOXF has such capability. Should I instead use MOXF connected via USB to computer and then
to configure local peer to peer wifi?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 04:31 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
nbadesign - 03 May 2016 10:07 AM

I’ve tried to find is it possible to connect wirelessly MOXF to Yamaha app Audio Recorder. I know that Motif XF have possibility to connect via wireless to USB adapter, but I’m not sure that MOXF has such capability.

Assuming you want to record audio, not midi…

If you mean the Yamaha app “Cloud Audio Recorder”, then you’ll need to use a USB Host cable (assuming you’ve firmware version 1.10).  Just connect MOXF (via USB Host) to iPad. 

Note the Cloud Audio Recorder is not listed as a compatible Bluetooth wireless option in this PDF

If you mean the Yamaha app “My Music Recorder”, then you can connect wirelessly using one of Yamaha’s Bluetooth wireless products.

In any case, you can’t use the UD-WL01 Wireless USB adaptor as need a Yamaha instrument with audio streaming capability, e.g. CVP-701/705/709/709GP, DGX-660, PSR-S670/S770/S970/A3000.

Note that I use the UD-WL01 with my Tyros 5.  I am not able to stream audio via wireless connection as Tyros does not currently have audio streaming capability; don’t know whether the Motif XF has audio streaming via UD-WL01 wireless USB adaptor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 05:32 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

jazz.preest - 04 May 2016 04:31 PM

Assuming you want to record audio, not midi…

You are wright, I think about audio recording. I know that MOXF could send both audio and MIDI over USB cable to iPad and I’m already using this nice option.
Device that you have mentioned (UD-WL01) is only supported by Motif XF, Tyros 5 and some other keyboards, but not MOXF. Bluetooth wireless device transfers only MIDI, not audio.

Alex

[ Ignore ]