mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MoXf ish version of Montage"

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 10:41 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

How long does the gang think it will be before a light weight mid price iteration arrives?  1 year, 2 years, ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 07:40 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009
motidave - 30 April 2016 10:41 PM

How long does the gang think it will be before a light weight mid price iteration arrives?  1 year, 2 years, ?

Normally i would say atleast 2 years....  Thats what we have seen over the years both in the psr range as well as the last fe Motif models…

In theis case, yamaha could decide to keep the MOXF a bit longer, as the MOXF allows people that must have a full workstation to buy a workstation…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 11:21 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010
lordbachus - 01 May 2016 07:40 AM
motidave - 30 April 2016 10:41 PM

Normally i would say atleast 2 years....  Thats what we have seen over the years both in the psr range as well as the last fe Motif models…

In theis case, yamaha could decide to keep the MOXF a bit longer, as the MOXF allows people that must have a full workstation to buy a workstation…

I have a XF7 which I love, but I don’t use the work part of the workstation, I use for live perf.  I’m looking at a MOXF6 for fly in gigs, which could leverage my XF user libraries and also be a midi controller in a sub-20lb 61 key.  I’d jump at such a slimmed down Montage but as you note, think they will wait 2 yrs and then .... ?

The Montage6 is too heavy and a bit pricier but for strict performing I think it will be a huge upgrade from XF for the way I like to switch sounds etc.  they seem to have heard most of my comments on things that limit me in XF

[ Ignore ]