mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES rack, rotary control with expression pedal"

Posted on: April 26, 2016 @ 03:07 AM
appie747
Total Posts:  8
Joined  05-08-2014

Hello,
I want to use an expression pedal plugged into a Roland A33 to send a midi message to the es rack to control the rotary speed. I’ve looked into utility settings and voice edit settings, but no luck so far. Aim : control rotary (Leslie) speed, fast and slow with expression pedal.
Until now the pedal keeps controlling the volume.
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2016 @ 11:22 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Go to p.90 of your owner manual. 

In Utility you can map any incoming MIDI controller to a different control value. So you can map your expression pedal to CC1 (mod wheel) which is the default for switching the rotary speed.

Since this is global, it means you now no longer will control volume with the pedal for any voice, it will always act as the mod wheel.

Your A33 pedal should be recognized as foot controller 1 (FC1).

You can also map controllers for each voice if you do want to be able to use the expression pedal for other purposes when not using the rotary effect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2016 @ 12:31 PM
appie747
Total Posts:  8
Joined  05-08-2014

Thanks for your reply!

I’m now in UTILITY - Voice. FC1 assign and FC2 assign both on 01ModWheel but the pedal just changes volume again.
On the next page of UTILITY, CtrlAsn there’s a setting for FS (footswitch) I set this also to 01ModWHeel but this didn’t help either.

I read the manual (p90) but it doesn’t make much sense to me, I’m afraid.

Any help is still appreciated!

Albert

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Videos showing how to replace keys
Next Topic:

How to load voices and access them ››