mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stands for the XF6 Keyboard?"

Posted on: April 06, 2016 @ 03:35 PM
Carly
Total Posts:  33
Joined  03-21-2016

We are considering the Konig & Meyer 18810 with the secondary layer 18813-011-55 accessories.
or the 18950 that looks too deep. Can anyone recommend anything similar that is adjustable and solid?

The stand in this video is not recognised : http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/synthesizers/sy-motif_xf_wh/?mode=series#tab=feature

Any recommendations much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2016 @ 11:05 AM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

The stand in that video looks like the Yamaha LG800, which is what I use on my XF8. It’s easily the most stable stand I’ve ever owned, especially with heavier keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2016 @ 04:11 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

While they get mixed ratings, I’ve been using two of these (one at home, one for gigging) with my XF7 for three years without incident.  I find it very sturdy and have had good luck with both.

Image Attachments
image.jpeg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2016 @ 07:52 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

I have one of these K&M;Omega 18810 stands for my Motif XF7, and I think it’s the best stand I’ve ever seen. Plenty of space underneath for my legs and feet, totally solid.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2016 @ 08:16 PM
Carly
Total Posts:  33
Joined  03-21-2016
Michael Trigoboff - 07 April 2016 07:52 PM

I have one of these K&M;Omega 18810 stands for my Motif XF7, and I think it’s the best stand I’ve ever seen. Plenty of space underneath for my legs and feet, totally solid.

Thanks, we will go with this one, do you have a second board on the extensions? Some mention that the main board can not be fully pushed back as the accessory arms do not adjust backward. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2016 @ 04:48 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011
Carly - 08 April 2016 08:16 PM

… do you have a second board on the extensions? Some mention that the main board can not be fully pushed back as the accessory arms do not adjust backward. Thanks

I have this stacker. It’s correct that it can’t be adjusted fore and aft. I’m using it to support a ROLI RISE 25.

There were 2 potential problems with this stacker, both of which were solvable.

One was that the vertical bars were right in the way of jacks I needed to use on the back of my XF. It took a lot of sliding the XF from side to side to finally find a position where everything could be plugged in.

The other was that the bottom horizontal bars of the stacker extend way out towards the front of the stand. I was worried that I’d constantly be banging my knees on them, and was wondering if I would need to use a Dremel Tool to cut them off shorter. But fortunately that has turned out not to be a problem.

The stackers seem to be designed for the lower keyboard to sit on the horizontal bars of them. The supports for the lower keyboard that come with the Omega stand hold the keyboard slightly higher than these horizontal bars would. The stackers come with a set of shims and pads to bring all the supports for the lower keyboard up to the same level. I didn’t use them. As a result, my XF is still supported by the original supports that came with the Omega stand. I don’t see a problem with doing it this way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2016 @ 02:46 PM
joesax
Total Posts:  185
Joined  03-11-2009

I have the K&M;also with one level. Great stand. Very Stable and easy to adjust. A high quality product.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting DVD sound and samples in the UK
Next Topic:

Cant see the X6A file to load into XF ››